different charges for same item

aledsav1
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling an item on ebay and always get charged the same amount by paypal however one transaction has been charged a higher fee?

having a read I see some suggest its for currency conversion, I don't sell outside of the UK, however regardless why would the currency conversion if thats what it is be charged to me?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aledsav1

Fee depends on whether the PayPal account that paid you is a UK account or non-uk/cross border account but can enter a UK mailing address for the order.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/cross-border-and-conversion-fees#crossborder

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

aledsav1
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for reply

all seems a little strange my fee for this item is usually £4.37, this one was £5.97 so I am being charged £1.60 extra for someone paying from a non uk account? that does seem quite a hike on fees, why would I be charged for someone paying from a non uk account? It is a uk address.

How do I stop this from happening?

may not seem a lot but I have tight margins and have my items priced to reflect charges etc.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aledsav1

If you were on holiday abroad and you bought something on ebay and paid for it then the seller would get charged as it would be a cross border transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.