Buyer Paid more than I was asking for an item on ebay

Anmcycle
Contributor
Contributor
I had an item listed for 1150$ on eBay. With free shipping. Normally the buyer pays the 1150$, Paypal takes their fees out and then I also have to pay Ebay. This time the buyer paid more than what I was asking for, and tax and other stuff was taken out leaving me with 1114.27$. I find this very weird especially since the item has been listed for 2 years and all of a sudden while Ebay and Paypal Phone support is down the buyer purchases the item and wants it shipped to Texas. There’s a different name on the Ebay Shipping address than what is listed on the Paypal account that paid this money for the item. Something seems fishy. I have no way of contacting Paypal for this to see if this is even legit. What do I do? It’s an expensive item and I don’t want to find out the payment was fraudulent and end up sending this engine and then having the funds taken out of my account or something. Will I be covered if I ship the item and this ends up being fraudulent? I find it very weird the buyer haggled me on the price, and made sure there was free shipping but then paid this extra money for tax and stuff that I usually pay. I’ve never sold something this big and this expensive before? Is this normal for items costing more money? Or no. Should the payment structure for how I get payments and who I pay fees and stuff to be any different or no? What should i do? Tell the customer I can’t ship until I can speak to Paypal and Ebay customer service? Thank you.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anmcycle 

You can cancel the order due to problem with buyer address on eBay to avoid a seller defect.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/cancel-transaction?id=4136

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anmcycle 

You can cancel the order due to problem with buyer address on eBay to avoid a seller defect.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/cancel-transaction?id=4136

Login to Me Too

Anmcycle
Contributor
Contributor
I mean I checked the buyers feedback and it’s 100% with being active since 2012 and 272 items purchased. Am I covered under Ebay seller protection or something?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anmcycle 

Please read eBay Seller Protection terms and conditions, which has it's limitations, and follow the procedures to be eligible for protection. Even with PayPal seller protection, you must ship to address on the payment, otherwise, you're not eligible for coverage, plain and simple. If there is a problem with shipping address, best to cancel the order as problem with buyer address to avoid a demerit on your eBay account. Then ask buyer to purchase again and use the correct address. Personally, I rather just cancel order and move on because can one trust the website will get the address right or the buyer. And refunds cost money these days.

Can't even be sure about eBay feedback these days because sellers can't leave negatives for buyers as far as I know.

But you're perfectly within rights to go ahead and risk it. I would rather have my item to sell another day than lose it or mess around redoing transactions over and over and over to get the address right.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.