when using the legacy button payment method, how can i track if someone made a payment ?

huho
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using the legacy button payment method, (create a payment button) , how can i track if someone made a payment ?

I would suppose I could do something like this : in the form for the payment i add the id of my customer, then when paypal send informations back through GET or POST method, i receive this ID, so I know who made the payment

But i cannot get it to work

So, how am i suppose to do that ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Kavyar

Good day @huho 

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

To achieve the desired outcome, I highly recommend utilizing the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) feature.

IPN is a message service specifically designed to notify you about any events or updates related to your PayPal transactions. By implementing IPN, you can automate various back-office and administrative tasks, including order fulfillment, customer tracking, and obtaining transaction-related information and status updates.

For more information, please click on the following link - https://developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/ipn/IPNIntro/

If you are still experiencing issues, please create an MTS ticket via the following URL  - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  .Please ensure that you provide detailed information and error details when submitting the ticket.

Sincerely,

Kavya

PayPal MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

huho
Contributor
Contributor

hi, thank you for your answer and the information ! I finally decided to use the javascript SDK with the REST API implementation, it was not easy since the documentation is not always limpid and is made for node.js servers, but it works now 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.