All Legacy API credential questions here please.

MTS_Ciaran

To request API Signature or Certificate credentials for your PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal Live or Sandbox account.
  2. Under Profile, select Profile and settings.

image.png

3. Click My selling tools

image.png

4. In the API access section, click Update.

image.png

5. Under NVP/SOAP API integration, click Manage API credentials.
image.png

• If you have already generated an API Signature, then View API Signature appears. Click that option to view or remove your existing API Signature.
  • If you have already generated an API Certificate, then View API Certificate appears. Click that option to view or remove your existing API Certificate.
Note: If you are prompted to verify your PayPal account, then follow the on-screen instructions.
  1. Select one of the following options, then click Agree and Submit.

image.png

• Request API Signature – Select for API Signature authentication.
  • Request API Certificate – Select for API Certificate authentication.

1. PayPal generates your API credentials as follows:
  • API Signature credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Signature, which does not expire. These values are hidden by default for added security. Click Show/Hide to toggle them on and off. When finished, click Done.

• API Certificate credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Certificate, which expires automatically after three years. Click Download Certificate to save the API Certificate to your desktop.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

agreda
Contributor
Contributor

@not_here Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I have opened a paypal-support ticket for this urgent issue a couple days ago, but am still awaiting the first response.

We've successfully been running a WordPress plugin using PayPal's Classic API integration and a custom listener URL for years. (It is a retired plugin that is no longer supported, but still functions to automate management of 100+ existing PayPal subscriptions.)

After recently migrating the site to a new server, all IPNs related to the plugin started failing. No configuration changes have been made to the plugin or Paypal account. Our server manager insists WHM/Apache config is identical. I have also ruled out any issue with mod_sec rules causing the problem. It appears the only difference is the server IP address.

1. Would I need to create and assign new Paypal NVP/SOAP (Classic) API credentials after moving the website to a new server if the domain and plugin configuration remains the same?

2. Can I simply/safely "Remove" our existing Classic API integration and create new credentials?

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

not_here

@agreda 

What's the ticket number that you received, I'll check internally on this one for you. 

Login to Me Too

agreda
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! @not_here :

IPN Failure After Server Migration [ Case # 11506430]

I have received a response answering my question about whether or not new credentials are required. (They are not.)

I have not, however, yet received any resolution as to why our IPNs would suddenly start failing after migrating the website to a new server when no changes were made to the website/plugin configuration now the PayPal account. The IPN simulator only reports "review your information" with no details about why the message fails. (They did not fail prior to our server move, and our data center insists the problem is with PayPal.)

Listener URL Now Fails:

https://tripawds.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=psts_pypl_ipn

Login to Me Too

ruffcue
New Community Member

Here's a question... I managed to find where to set up LIVE NVP/SOAP credentials. ( whihc work perfectly with our site  in Sandbox))

But set to Live, now I get the error  This transaction cannot be processed. The merchant's account is not able to process transactions.

Hmmm.. what am I missing?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.