cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Legacy API credential questions here please.

All Legacy API credential questions here please.

To request API Signature or Certificate credentials for your PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal Live or Sandbox account.
  2. Under Profile, select Profile and settings.

image.png

3. Click My selling tools

image.png

4. In the API access section, click Update.

image.png

5. Under NVP/SOAP API integration, click Manage API credentials.
image.png

• If you have already generated an API Signature, then View API Signature appears. Click that option to view or remove your existing API Signature.
  • If you have already generated an API Certificate, then View API Certificate appears. Click that option to view or remove your existing API Certificate.
Note: If you are prompted to verify your PayPal account, then follow the on-screen instructions.
  1. Select one of the following options, then click Agree and Submit.

image.png

• Request API Signature – Select for API Signature authentication.
  • Request API Certificate – Select for API Certificate authentication.

1. PayPal generates your API credentials as follows:
  • API Signature credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Signature, which does not expire. These values are hidden by default for added security. Click Show/Hide to toggle them on and off. When finished, click Done.

• API Certificate credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Certificate, which expires automatically after three years. Click Download Certificate to save the API Certificate to your desktop.

5 REPLIES
New Community Member

Re: All Legacy API credential questions here please.

Hi, that link will bring you to the main page where you have few option to choose from for the APIs, you can login into your Sandbox account and then click that link you posted, you will see the page I mean.

These instructions appear to be a little out of date... I'm looking to update my old Classic API credentials. When I click on this:

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 10.43.14 AM.png

I get to this screen:

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 10.35.18 AM.png

and as you can see, the only option is to "Remove". I am worried that since this is a legacy API, removing them might be permanent with no option to refresh or create new ones. As this is mission critical and in production, I don't want to risk that. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Hi @BrianDunning,

I'd suggest you reach out to Merchant Technical Support who can assist you with the steps to update your integration. 

Christina 

Hi,

Christina is right, open a ticket with us and we can discuss, removing your API credentials on a live integration will likely break the integration and require you to replace the API credentials in your software, it's quick enough to do this, but you want to make sure you know where you need to update before you remove any existing credentials.