where are the NVP/SOAP API Credentials for LIVE account - having issues navigating the setup
I have the sandbox SOAP working perfectly... but when I went to make a live account, it gives me different 'REST API' app credentials.
Our non-profit website uses something call CiviCRM which has a system built in using Username/password/signature credentials for paypal
Paypal Website Payments Pro is working perfectly with the sandbox account - how can I get a LIVE setup with NVP/SOAP?
Is this "legacy"?? What am I missing here, to get this hooked up?
Good day @ruffcue,
Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.
Yes, NVP/SOAP API is legacy integration.
I request to please refer the below detailed steps to access/generate API credentials via your PayPal business account.
Login to your PayPal account >> click "settings" icon >> Account settings >> Account access >> "API access" >> Manage API credentials
Login PayPal account >> Go to "https://www.paypal.com/businessmanage/credentials/apiAccess" >> follow above steps.
Guide link for NVP/SOAP API Credentials - https://developer.paypal.com/docs/nvp-soap-api/apiCredentials/
Note : Please follow the below steps to access REST API credentials(i.e Client ID & Secret) via developer portal.
Login to https://developer.paypal.com/ >> My apps & credentials >> toggle "LIVE" >> create "App" >> fill required details >> you can able to access your LIVE REST API (Client ID & Secret).
Guide link for REST API Credentials - https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-create-rest-api-credentials-ts1949
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Are we able to connect a second web site to our Bank Account using the same API credentials? in REST APIs
- Sandbox account is not working at all in Braintree Client-side Integration (JS, iOS, Android SDKs)
- Developer API Credentials and Sandbox Account Pages Blank in Sandbox Environment
- I keep getting a PAYEE_ACCOUNT_INVALID error with my sandbox account and I don't know how to fix it. in Sandbox Environment
- Is OTP related to ''encrypted data'' terminology? in PayPal Payments Standard