Wanting to change my login eMail...

Geoff86
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all; I created my account many years ago with an eMail address that is no longer active - and I know I can just "Add Address" and "Delete address", but I was wondering if there was some way I could actually change my "login name" on Paypal.com...right now my name is [oldAddress] - and I'd like it to be [newAddress], but without losing my account history, etc.

Any ideas>

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Geoff86,

Welcome to the boards!

Great question - you can change your email address on PayPal without losing all of that information and account history. 

Just add the new email address, confirm it, and make it your primary email address.  If you want, you can delete the old email address at that point or even keep it around.  You'll be able to log in with both addresses!

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Geoff86,

Welcome to the boards!

Great question - you can change your email address on PayPal without losing all of that information and account history. 

Just add the new email address, confirm it, and make it your primary email address.  If you want, you can delete the old email address at that point or even keep it around.  You'll be able to log in with both addresses!

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Geoff86
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent! So when I send money, it will show it from my new eMail address and not the old one, right?

Does Paypal keep my old eMail addresses on file somewhere, or once it's deleted is it really gone?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Correct - once you get rid of the other email address, or change your primary and use that to log in, payments will appear to be sent from that email address.  As for the deleting, once it's gone, it won't show up on your account any more. 

Adrian

Login to Me Too

kcauman

Will you please look at my questions and see if you can answer them? Smiley Indifferent

Login to Me Too

Geoff86
Contributor
Contributor

I'm guessing "it won't show up anymore" is diplomatic edgespeak for "actually, we do keep our own personal records of every eMail address you've used"?

Login to Me Too

maritimer

When i try to change my login email, i click the dot next to the email address then click primary email button and it asks for my bank account number. I put in the bank account # but it doesnt except it. I'm 100% positive im entering the correct number.

Im in Canada and i use Scotiabank. It has these amount of numbers. 000000000000000. the first 3 numbers is the transit number 002 then 70094 then my 7 digit bank account number but it doesnt except it. I have been fighting with this all day. The local branch telephone number is 506-789-0120. Please help me. Why doesnt Paypal have a telephone number like any other business. I have tried putting the numbers in different orders but that doesnt help.

I'm frustrated, please help me

I found out the problem, i havent used that bank account for over a year or 2 and they closed the bank account. because i hadnt realized that it was empty. Wasted a day of frustration and all i had to do was check the bank first and i would of found out it was closed.

Login to Me Too

ChristineWh

I needed help today and called the 1-877 number provided on the log in page.   A helpful, real person answered almost immediately!   Give it a try.

Login to Me Too

pinblas
New Community Member

Even on this forum I could only sign in with my old Yahoo email account. I have already erased it on my Profile page and reconfirmed again my new Gmail address as primary. It does not work. Where do I go from here? Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Reda1
New Community Member

I have tried that as well, but it won't accept my new email address in the log-in page--only my old one.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.