Changing my email to my other email account

davidtempfile
New Community Member

I would like to change my email to a diffrent email I have . The problem is that I have tried to request money from it (by accident ) some time ago , now it is telling me that I cant use that email . What can I do to fix my email so that I can use my new one ? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi davidtempfile, and welcome to the Community!

The PayPal system will not allow you to send money to or receive money from yourself. Since that email address was involved in a transaction with you in the past, the system has ruled out the ability to add it to your account. It will not be able to be added to your PayPal account.

I know that the money request was accidental. I regret that it's not a setting that can be changed. If your current PayPal email address is no longer valid, you might consider setting up a new address with a free email provider.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.