Unable to withdraw funds

Ian28
Contributor
Contributor

I recently opened a new account as I could not transact with my old one using my mobile wallet (Mpesa). I transferred funds to the new account and they were put on hold. I contacted support via Facebook and explained to them that I wished to transfer funds from my old account, which I intended to close, to the new one and they made the funds available. Despite the funds being available and not on hold, I am unable to withdraw. I also have funds in the old account, which I am unable  to transfer to the new one and they are not on hold too. Anyone knows what could be happening?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ian28

The option to withdraw funds is not available in your country.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their U.S bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

However read this link as it appears there are options recently available?

https://www.tuko.co.ke/264211-how-withdraw-money-paypal-kenya-2018-access-your-cash-easily.html#2642...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kernowlass,

Thanks for the reply! The information in the first link you provided is correct regarding the withdrawal options that are native to the PayPal environment. However, in Kenya there are also a couple of partnerships that allow the movement of funds via other services - M-PESA and Equity Bank. These are also mentioned in that other article you found, but I wanted to provide some confirmation for you about that. I apologize for any confusion.

Hi @Ian28,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had difficulty withdrawing or moving the funds on your old account. There are a few reasons why that might happen, which would require a little investigation on the PayPal side of things to determine. Please reach out to customer support for assistance in troubleshooting the issue and clearing up any obstacles. You can click Help and Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page for contact options, or reach out on Twitter by DM or Facebook by PM for assistance.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.