Unable to withdraw funds

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

So,

A few months ago, my Paypal account was suspended for a violation that I am still yet to understand, but that's a different story. Yesterday, I received an email informing me that my funds were eligible for withdrawal, which I tried to do but was unable to. The error message was "Unable to capture the transaction, please contact Paypal blah blah blah...." So, after going through the help centre, the only option there was a telephone number[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]which does not work. You can try dialling it and see what happens. But I did get another number[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]which is basically talking to the most unhelpful robot because, all it ever tells you is everything that Paypal cannot do for you. Every option that should lead to a resolution leads to, "we are unable blah blah blah..." So I reached out to Thunes, the company responsible for handling transactions on behalf of Paypal, and they told me that I need to contact Paypal. So I've been going through a cycle all day. How does one exactly talk to an ordinary person in Paypal that would help me resolve my issues cause it's beginning to feel like a conspiracy contacting them.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

In Kenya the normal withdrawal options available to you of MPESA or Equity Bank are not available after a permanent limitation. The only option still available when Paypal tell you that you can withdraw your funds is via a U.S bank account if you have one.
If you don't then you would need to contact customer services to help you access the funds from your permanently limited account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).

I have been on the phone dialled in about 5 times, no help there. Every option I went through said, "cannot be resolved at the moment".

2. Live chat is also randomly available.

I have never seen this and have no option for live chat, so nothing there.

3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.

Where does one click for this, cause it's not an option? The only option I have is to call, there is no send a message, it's only call or spend a day rolling all over their FAQ. If you have a URL or email address, it would be greatly appreciated.

Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.

I have no social media, haven't had it for nearly 7 years, and that would be extreme to open up social media to try to contact a company.

Why not have a single no BS form or email address where I can send my issues?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

I can only give you all the contact information options available which vary country to country.

If you won't use some of the ones available then then that's your choice isn't it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Wow, that makes it sound like I refused to listen which isn't the case. I'm just saying, the options I mentioned to you are the only ones I can see. If there is an option that I have missed, then where is it? The phone numbers DO NOT work, there is no link for a contact form, I would have used it a long time ago. I literally joined this forum out of desperation. I don't have the options you mentioned, so it's not like I'm refusing to use them.

Let me show you my options and please tell me where else I am supposed to click because there are no options as you might be thinking.

Screenshot from 2021-09-24 21-08-07.pngScreenshot from 2021-09-24 21-07-23.pngScreenshot from 2021-09-24 21-06-05.pngScreenshot from 2021-09-24 21-05-16.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.