Trouble with no fee friend and family transfers

brc2

Why do I receive a message "do not ship until you receive payment" with a no fee eCheck payment from a friend?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brc2 

Generally eChecks takes time to clear and deposited into your balance so PayPal warns not to ship until the payment has cleared. AS for why it was sent, maybe it was glitch or maybe it wasn't really a no fee personal eCheck payment. Wait for payment to clear first to be sure. People have been known to send goods and services payments as personal in error.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brc2 

Generally eChecks takes time to clear and deposited into your balance so PayPal warns not to ship until the payment has cleared. AS for why it was sent, maybe it was glitch or maybe it wasn't really a no fee personal eCheck payment. Wait for payment to clear first to be sure. People have been known to send goods and services payments as personal in error.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

brc2

We have been having this problem for three attempts over the last couple of days.   My friend is doing just what he has always done in the past and is specifically watching out to assure that it is a friends and family and not a goods and services transfer.  Whatever he does, it seems like PayPal is now always treating me as a merchant on the receiving end rather than as a no fee transfer friend.  I have been trying to reconcile this through the PayPal chat function, but the representative has now not responded in over 20 minutes.  I think he has dropped me on purpose.  Same experience trying to resolve the issue on a direct phone chat to the Philippines - they dropped my call while I was waiting for a supervisor to be contacted.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.