Lost Funds Transfer

Huuvola
Contributor
Contributor

I'm at my wits' end with PayPal and need advice. A transfer was lost and I've had zero luck with the customer representatives on the phone. They say the funds were transferred. My bank has no record of it whatsoever. The money ain't there. PayPal sent me a "trace" number, which was useless for my bank, because it was for a Wells Fargo trace and my bank is not Wells Fargo. Turns out Wells Fargo is PayPal's bank. I called Wells Fargo and they couldn't tell me anything, because I don't have a Wells Fargo account. PayPal has been no help at all in resolving this … at least, the customer service reps on the phone have been no help (and somewhat deceiving). If anyone else has experienced this, how did you get it resolved? Can I go around the useless customer service people on the phone? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Huuvola 

I have to LOL because PayPal is supposed to trace it for you. They dropped the ball on this one. How can they expect you to trace it, like, are you a banker? lol Wow.

Anyway, you'll need to have patience, perseverance yet be friendly and call-hang up, call-hang up until you get someone that can trace the transfer or give it to your bank and tell them its a Wells Fargo incoming transfer.

By the way, when did you do the transfer to your bank because keep in mind that when paypal marks a transfer as complete, it only means that the request has been processed, not that the funds are at your bank already. And that's when the clock starts until the funds reaches your bank and posted. Your bank does not notify PayPal when your transfer has been posted. If there is an issue, it takes the bank about 10 days to notify PayPal of a problem and PayPal emails you with the deets. After 14 days of no trace of the deposit or notice from PayPal, do you contact them to trace the transfer.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Huuvola
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate the reply and suggestions, but I've pretty much done what you've suggested for nearly a month now. I have taken the trace number to my bank and spoken with their ACH department. There's nothing in their system that indicates the transfer, a pending transfer or anything. To them, the transfer doesn't exist. Further, they told me trace number was a Wells Fargo trace number and my bank is PNC. I don't have a Wells Fargo account, but Wells Fargo is apparently PayPal's bank. I even called Wells Fargo and - surprise, surprise - without me having a Wells Fargo account, there wasn't anything they could do for me. I don't understand why PayPal can't take this on themselves to solve it. I have called repeatedly and early to the customer service line and have gotten nowhere. This morning the supervisor there said there was nothing more they could do for me. And the bottom line is my money is missing. My trust/confidence in PayPal has evaporated like my $1500 that seems to have vanished into thin air. Wouldn't wish this scenario and PayPal's essentially useless customer service on anyone. 

Login to Me Too

eunicewn
Contributor
Contributor
I am apparently going through the same scenario money doesn't reflect in my bank account after transferring it more than a month now. They keep saying they are waiting for the swift code number, I have waited for more than 2weeks but no help. Really dissapointed with them
Login to Me Too

Priya143
Contributor
Contributor
I am facing a problem one of my transaction amount that iss 1600$ is transfered by paypal on 30th March but today 29April and I am still not receive that amount in my bank account, surprisingly part is that when I contact paypal they provide me a bank reference number from the Indian bank who is paypal partner in India, and they also told me that bank transfer that money to my bank on 3rd April now when I go to my bank and give my bank the reference number paypal gave me my bank informed me that they don't receive any money with this reference number so I contact paypal back but they again give me reference number and say to contact my bank again, so after that I contact the Indian bank who transfer money to my bank but they are saying that they can't answer me as I don't have account with them. Now I am feeling completely fooled by Paypal as paypal charge fee for safe transaction but my money is missing and they are not helping me now. I request you to help me or team paypal to help me with this problem. Very very disappointed right now as we are out of fund and we are in lockdown as well in India . Please help me!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.