Drawing funds from a card

NNadiaM
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, everyone

I have never asked the community for help before. But today it appears to me that the option of drawing funds from a debit card is gone! I cannot find it anywhere on my PayPal. Is it really no longer available? I need to add some money to my PayPal and I was going  to do so as usual - by drawing finds from my bank card. But like I said, this option seems to be unavailable. What do I do? What am I missing?

Thank you for the advice!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

doll_memories
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem. Please tell us how long this will take...

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

doll_memories
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem. Please tell us how long this will take...
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @NNadiaM and @doll_memories,

Thank you for your posts! A card may be used on your PayPal account to fund a payment, but it may not be used to add money to your PayPal account balance. I'm sorry for the confusion.

I hope this helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

NNadiaM
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Olivia Thank you for replying to my question. I am surprised to hear about limitations, though. My account was never limited before and I had no problem drawing funds from my debit card 🙄
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @NNadiaM,

Thank you for your reply. The ability to add funds has not been possible from a card. Accounts in some countries may add funds from a bank. Cards may be used to fund a payment as a payment method, and in some countries you can withdraw funds to a card. Only the options listed in your account for each action are permitted.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

NNadiaM
Contributor
Contributor
Olivia, I HAVE added money from my card t my PayPal balance before. I have had a PayPal account for years. Why do you suppose I would ask the question about this option? There are other people who say they have the same problem. Must be due to some recent changes. Very inconvenient though.
Login to Me Too

doll_memories
Contributor
Contributor

@NNadiaM 

PayPal team also replied me today:

" This is a technical issue at the moment which engineers are currently working to resolve as soon as possible.

Please use the link

"
So this link helped me a lot! 
Login to Me Too

NNadiaM
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much, this is a relief. I would have marked your message as a solution, but I already marked another one and can't undo that.
Login to Me Too

doll_memories
Contributor
Contributor

@NNadiaM , you're welcome! I was so happy today to receive this message from PyPal team. Saved a lot of my nerves 🙂 

Login to Me Too

NNadiaM
Contributor
Contributor
I still cannot transfer money from my bank card to my PayPal account using the link you shared. But I clearly remember being able to draw money into PayPal before. I suppose I might wait longer 😏
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.