PayPal DIspute Resolution is a Joke!!! Believe Me I have Experienced the Joke First Hand

justjarhead
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal DIspute Resolution is a Joke!!! Believe Me I have Experienced the Joke First Hand recently. Smiley Frustrated

I had a package not delivered to my hose but it seems that both PayPal and eBay are not going to do about it if they have tracking information that says item went to a specific town that matches your town. They claim this is sufficient proof.

So I went an extra step and disputed them with a SNAD claim since I did not get 4 parts of my pool cue. I did not get the:

a) Butt

b) Shaft

c) Tip

d) the Case

Butt wait, I did get Shafted, I got a Tip that PayPal Disputes/Claims are a joke and my Case was only worth $84.99.Smiley Mad

Back to the claim. I was given a positive sign when case was decided in my favor until they wanted me to send the item back to the seller. Kind of hard to do since it was never delivered. So Like a rookie with PayPal I called them up told the agent what was going on and indicated to him that I did my homework with the USPS and found from the GPS scan they do before delivering the item that it was not delivered to my house but instead to the next house on the block.

I was told to send in the GPS scan and they would deal with it. Deal with it they did. I sent the information in and like a dummy waited for PayPal to deal with it and honor the Guarantee.

The next thing I get is an email stating that I had to 09/08/2016 to get them the Tracking Number of the package I was to send.

So I go on the computer and left PayPal 6 more emails and PayPal secure messages. All of this was done before 09/08/2016 by at least a week. What I got in retrun was electronic responses telling me how to submit a dispute/claim again and again.

PayPal sends me a message on 09/08/2016 indicating to me that I never responded.

Yeah right. Smiley Mad

It seems that PayPal does not read ( a Human who can read and comprehend) what is sent to their email and Secure Message Center Accounts.

What a Joke . Smiley Frustrated

I did PayPals work,sent them the information, repeatedly sent them feedback to ica_paypal.com and ica-na_paypal.com as well as their Secure Message Center and I got no response from a human.

PayPal now considers the Case closed. Smiley Frustrated

They followed their rules so I am out the purchase prce of $84.99.The seller is protected and PayPal wipes it hands clean of the issue.

Yeah what a system!!Smiley LOL

In conclusion the PayPal Claims Process and Guarantee do not protect the buyer. Smiley Mad

The Dispute/Claims process is a Joke if the Seller disputes. The Seller is Protected at All Costs.

As they say Life Stinks. then you die.

An Extremely Aggravated eBay/PayPal User.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

justjarhead
Contributor
Contributor

Unbelievable. After a total of 12 emails aimed at PayPal Custmer Support and Claim Resolution I finally got this situation resolved.

Fortunately it was resolved in my favor and to the Manager who finally saw the light, Thanks

Unfortunately the Delivery Policy is still Bogus and Archaic. You see that if the seller gets from the USPS a Tracking receipt that indicates package is delivered then it is the gosple according to Hoyle. The Tracking Reciept does not indicate that the item went to your address but only to an address in your City/State. It does not record the street address the item was delivered to.

So based on this, if the seller ships an item to you and it is delivered cross town, your stuck with the bill and essentially eBay, PayPal and the seller are off the hook if package has no insurance.Yep you get stuck paying for a misdelivered item and your only recourse possible is your credit card company if that is how you remit funds to PayPal. You can contact the USPS and they might look for the item but you have a snowballs chance in **bleep** to recieve it by time you get to this step. 

The delivery guarantees from eBay and PayPal are essentially worthless based on the current policy in regards to Tracking of Package. Just a fair warning all.

So you best protection is have all packages held for pickup at the Post Office, or, have it insured.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

justjarhead
Contributor
Contributor

Unbelievable. After a total of 12 emails aimed at PayPal Custmer Support and Claim Resolution I finally got this situation resolved.

Fortunately it was resolved in my favor and to the Manager who finally saw the light, Thanks

Unfortunately the Delivery Policy is still Bogus and Archaic. You see that if the seller gets from the USPS a Tracking receipt that indicates package is delivered then it is the gosple according to Hoyle. The Tracking Reciept does not indicate that the item went to your address but only to an address in your City/State. It does not record the street address the item was delivered to.

So based on this, if the seller ships an item to you and it is delivered cross town, your stuck with the bill and essentially eBay, PayPal and the seller are off the hook if package has no insurance.Yep you get stuck paying for a misdelivered item and your only recourse possible is your credit card company if that is how you remit funds to PayPal. You can contact the USPS and they might look for the item but you have a snowballs chance in **bleep** to recieve it by time you get to this step. 

The delivery guarantees from eBay and PayPal are essentially worthless based on the current policy in regards to Tracking of Package. Just a fair warning all.

So you best protection is have all packages held for pickup at the Post Office, or, have it insured.

Login to Me Too

Carlei
New Community Member

PayPal will not refund if the product looks as described even if the item does not work as described. I ordered a “Flexible” bed mount for my iPad. It looks exactly like the picture in the ad but it is so stiff that it is impossible to position. Totally useless. Storm Media is the company. They would not let me send it back and PayPal sides with them so I am out $23 some bucks. Very frustrating. Loved PayPal until now.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.