Paypal recurring charges now processed by vendor without approval from paypal account owner

noindustrial
New Community Member

Paypal should require vendors to obtain customer approval before processing recurring charges.

I see from forums and reviews that many people have trouble cancelling Michael Torbert All In One SEO Pack plugin. When you purchase the plug in, Torbert processes it through paypal as an annual recurring fee, and then processes the fee a year later without confirming through paypal that the customer wants to renew the plugin or is even using the plugin still. Nobody does business like this anymore. If you have a subscription service like Torbert's you need to get approval from customers before you charge the renewal. It's just the honest way of doing business. Torbert thinks his scam in charging the recurring fee without approval is valid, but it is bad for business, bad for paypal since it leaves a sour taste in the consumer's mouth when they are charged a recurring fee without authorization. I have recurring fees in paypal from godaddy, Vistaprint, facebook but none of these vendors charge the recurring fee without getting permission first. Torbert has the responsibility of asking the customer if they are still using the product and the charge is valid before he processes the charge. And to protect the paypal brand, Paypal should require vendors to obtain customer approval before processing recurring charges.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.