concerned about giving out info

UsukiDoll
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I wanted to add funds from my bank account, but I can't because it requires additional verification. First of all, there is no way that I will give out my personal information due to all the crazy internet things out there. I don't want to give out sensitive info due to security reasons. Although adding funds from a bank account takes 3-5 days, I prefer this method because I don't know any store that sells a Moneypak card. I'm steamed that this is happening! I never had any problems before this. -___-*
I want this fixed.

Login to Me Too
156 REPLIES 156

noob5000000
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same exact problem. I have $250 tied up in this debacle. An answer would be greatly appreciated.

I checked a few other threads on this forum and found several instances of this problem. Here's an actual reply from an administrator:

"It sounds like Green Dot was unable to verify your name, address, dob or SSN."

Wow! Problem solved!

GreenDot's website isn't much help either:

"

AMAZING!!

It would be nice if we could get some kind of further information about why our information is not able to be verified.

Login to Me Too

shaunvon
New Community Member

I am having this same problem.  I contacted Green Dot MoneyPak and they just replied with a copy and pasted response.  I don't know why it says that it can't verify my information.  I believe that I know where I live and when I was born.  Get this fixed PayPal!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

noob5000000
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seeing something about a $250 yearly limit, but that only applies to un-verified account, right? My account is verified so that shouldn't be a problem.

Login to Me Too

cheynemitt
New Community Member

i am having the exact issue as you. verified,

Login to Me Too

mushshee
New Community Member

I would NOT recomend it to anyone if they value their privacy. I will never use this moneypack greendot BS! ... Too intrusive, MY SS??!!! NO WAY.. NEVER AGAIN!!! COme on, for heavens sake.. Enough is enough... 

Login to Me Too

patmh12392

I have a MoneyPak that I am trying to add to my account. I enter the information it asks but it can not find my address. It finds the same street and number but a different town and zip code. Most other businesses can find my street address but they seem to be having a problem. What do I do?

Login to Me Too

shoremensports
Contributor
Contributor

We were unable to verify the information you provided. As a result, you may only fund up to $0 on any of your PayPal accounts when using a MoneyPak. You now have the options to:

Login to Me Too

Ricebro619

Same thing happened to me, the moneypak help line and paypal help line keep circling me around. Idk what the "bleep" is going on between these two companies. Can paypal help us?

Login to Me Too

scors77
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a MoneyPak card I bought from a Walmart store and added $755.  I want to transfer this money to my PayPal to make a payment with Bill Me Later.  I'm having trouble adding the funds because of the $250 spending limit.  When I try adding the funds to PayPal I get this message:

"We were unable to verify the information you provided. As a result, you may only fund up to $250 on any of your PayPal accounts when using a MoneyPak. You now have the options to:

• Request a refund
  • Learn how to use this MoneyPak to pay a bill or reload a card"

I tried verifying my information before with a previous MoneyPak but I think it failed to verify, but less than a week ago I provided proof of my SSN and a Photo ID to PayPal and my account was verified.

Is there anyway to try and verify my information again?

I would hate to have to request a refund by check.  Another option I was thinking about is to buy a Walmart prepaid visa card and add the funds to there from my MoneyPak and then adding the funds to PayPal from the Walmart prepaid card.  Not sure if this would work.

please help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi scors77,

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like Green Dot was unable to verify your name, address, dob or SSN.

Here's what I found on the MoneyPak website:

I recommend trying again later or you may want to contact Green Dot to inquire about the issue or find other options.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.