concerned about giving out info

UsukiDoll
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I wanted to add funds from my bank account, but I can't because it requires additional verification. First of all, there is no way that I will give out my personal information due to all the crazy internet things out there. I don't want to give out sensitive info due to security reasons. Although adding funds from a bank account takes 3-5 days, I prefer this method because I don't know any store that sells a Moneypak card. I'm steamed that this is happening! I never had any problems before this. -___-*
I want this fixed.

Login to Me Too
156 REPLIES 156

Multitask
Contributor
Contributor

So I've been trying months to get information on the verification process for lifting the $250/year MoneyPak funding limit. I can't seem to get a straight forward answer via Paypal email support, nor can I get one via phone/email Green Dot support. Some time mid-last year I attempted to lift it, but it just gave the message that they were unable to verify my identity. This is already strange in itself since I've lifted most limits on my Paypal account, including sending them proof of SSN, adding a confirmed bank account, and adding a credit card/debit card. 

However, I can understand if Green Dot needs to do it separately. Anyways, after the first attempt I waited til January of this year and attempted to charge more MoneyPak after hitting the $250 last year. I was successful up until now when I get the same message as before, saying that they were unable to verify my identity or whatever. The one piece of information Green Dot email support did manage to give me, was that they allow two attempts at verifying yourself to lift the limit. I have no idea on how to be able to give it a second try. I've requested help on the issue numerous times from both sides and haven't been able to get a direct answer. They all just give me the same answer, and it's always something along the lines of "You're allowed $250/year, to lift the limit you can provide information to Green Dot". I tried calling Green Dot one time, but the rep could barely speak English so he didn't understand what I was asking and I could barely understand what he was saying. 

Can anyone here maybe shed some light as to what my options are here? Or if I'm basically stuck with this $250/year limit for the rest of my life?  Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Multitask
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone able to give me some kind of answer? It'd be much appreciated.. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Multitask, and welcome to the forums!

For resolution, you were definitely exploring the correct path by contacting Green Dot directly. I regret that you encountered difficulty in communication. Please give their Customer Service another try. Their contact information is listed in this FAQ on their website.

Please come back and let us know how it works out!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Joshua94
New Community Member

My money pak wont let me fund it. I fill out everything correct and it still says that it is incorrect. Please help me fast!

Login to Me Too

minitruckin1818
New Community Member

I have the same PROBLEM!!! I'm sorry but WTF this new policy **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

shoremensports
Contributor
Contributor

having same problem here it says:

We were unable to verify the information you provided. As a result, you may only fund up to $0 on any of your PayPal accounts when using a MoneyPak. You now have the options to:

Login to Me Too

DaoJuan
New Community Member

OMG Thats exactly whats happening with me. I'm getting so freakin frustrated with this. 

Login to Me Too

bbeast

i have the same problem can somebody tell me what happens when you get a refund

i hate paypal now

Login to Me Too

Ricebro619

Same problem here. I called both paypal and moneypak but they don't offer a solution about this.

Login to Me Too

Ketchup
New Community Member

Alright, I'm not sure what is going on here but my experience with paypal and greendot

is leading me to withdraw my funds and abandon their services.

I purchased a moneypak at a local store and added $35 to it.

Only $35? What can go wrong?

Went home, logged into my paypal account and went to input my moneypak code to

transfer the money.

I was then lead to a screen that requested information such as name/address/ssn.

Every field was correct and matched with my paypal account information.

However, I kept getting "unable to verify" whenever I tried to proceed and eventually this

message was displayed:

We were unable to verify the information you provided. As a result, you will not be able to use

the MoneyPak to add money to your PayPal account. 

*My paypal account is verified by the way*

Now whenever I try to enter the moneypak code, I go to that message without greendot

asking for my information as they did previously.

I called greendot and asked what was I doing wrong.

The representative stated that there was nothing they can do and asked if I wanted to wait 7-10

days for a refund.

He then said that the problem must be on paypal's end.

I called paypal, spoke to a representative, and he asked me to try to redeem the moneypak again.

It was unsuccesful and he stated that the problem must be with greendot's verification system.

I called greendot again, this time a woman replied and said the same thing as the first

greendot representative. 

I decided to try and call payapal one more time speaking with a woman in finance.

She said that I should call greendot tomorrow and see what went wrong with the verification...

Is this a joke??

I don't see April 1st on the calendar.

I'm asking for someone who works at paypal to see if there is anything that can be fixed

with this system since there are a few other posters having the same issues. 

Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.