Rejected document for identity proof

Nour18
Contributor
Contributor
Goodmorning guys, Hope you are well. I recently had to prove my identity and the document rejected was my bank statement that shows i live in germany, berlin. I opened my account a long time ago from Lebanon and chose jordan because i did not find the option. I live In germany now. So do i need to close this account and open a new one? Will i lose the 170€ in my account now? Thanks a lot for your help. Nour
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nour18 

Are they letting you up load another document? If so, write a letter explaining that you live in Germany now and whatever happens happen. They may permanently limit the account and you have to wait 180 days to transfer credit, debit or prepaid card.

Paypal does not do offer services in Lebanon so you weren’t supposed to open a PayPal account at all unless you move to a country where there is PayPal services available because PayPal accounts have policies that are country specific. You would have to open a PayPal Germany account.

Anytime you move to another country, you must close your account and open a account in your new country of residence.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.