dispute

Alby1960
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I sold a pair of genuine trainers on depot in December the buyer is now asking for the receipt which I don't have. the advert did have photos of the shoes box etc etc and was all legitimate and it the ad also had a photo of my receipt off when I bought these shoes. They buyer wants my  original receipt or he says he's claiming these are fake?!! and getting his money back via Paypal.

I've found out the buyer is a reseller who looks like he can't shift the shoes. Why is this my problem after all he saw the receipt, the shoes are fully genuine and he's waited over a month to make a claim.

Im hoping Paypal take a balanced view of those type of annoying buyer.

any comments would be welcome

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alby1960

If the receipt was in your auction / sale photos then it was 'part' of your item description as a description is both text and photos.

So he should have received the receipt as well. If he bought them to re-sell which is his right then he bought them with the knowledge he should get the receipt as well. The receipt was an 'accessory' to the item being sold.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Alby1960
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Alby1960

If the receipt was in your auction / sale photos then it was 'part' of your item description as a description is both text and photos.

So he should have received the receipt as well. If he bought them to re-sell which is his right then he bought them with the knowledge he should get the receipt as well. The receipt was an 'accessory' to the item being sold.

This buyer is mailing saying he feels the shoes are fake along with the box AND the photo of the receipt. With this in mind it seems I don't have a  leg to stand on, Whats the point of sending anything where buyers can simply cry 'fake' cause an awful lot of problems and get their money back whilst retaining  my shoes?? Even if I send him the receipt he has already said he believes its all fake...so what stopping the receipt being also fake. I think this is whats known as a Catch 22!

Login to Me Too

Alby1960
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the receipt and can send it now but what assurance do I have the this buyer, who has been very, very awkward, will not simply say ' I've not received the receipt, continue with his possible ulterior motive and get not only the shoes but also the £150 back???

It seems buyer/seller protection is rather arbitrary and highly wighted toward the buyer. I have no confidence in this buyer after the tone and aggressive manner in which he opened and pursued this dispute.

@Alby1960 wrote:

@kernowlass wrote:

@Alby1960

This buyer is mailing saying he feels the shoes are fake along with the box AND the photo of the receipt. With this in mind it seems I don't have a  leg to stand on, Whats the point of sending anything where buyers can simply cry 'fake' cause an awful lot of problems and get their money back whilst retaining  my shoes?? Even if I send him the receipt he has already said he believes its all fake...so what stopping the receipt being also fake. I think this is whats known as a Catch 22!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alby1960

He can file for item received but not as described ie either FAKE or NO RECEIPT SENT.

If he wins a not as described dispute  then unless he has written proof from the company that makes the shoes / shop that sells them OR trading standards that they are in fact fake then he would have to send them back to you at his own expense before you have to refund.

All you can do is see how any dispute works out if he files one.

Also make sure you have a scan of the receipt and state you have that in a 'message to the buyer' that paypal may read as they may request you to upload the receipt to them as proof the item was not fake.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.