Disputed charge from December by buyer

narmer2000
New Community Member

I sold a set of tickets to a person on 12/29. Sent tickets with USPS, person received and went to event. Got several messages from buyer that they went and had fun. Now they file a dispute for unauthorized transaction on March 11th. Sent paypal the tracking info showing they received the tickets along with screen shots of the conversation stating she got them and went.  What gives with this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@narmer2000 

Who you sold to may not be who paid. Or, the person didn't recognize the transaction on their bills. You have proof of delivery so you have a fighting chance of getting coverage under seller protection:

Please read Seller Protection terms on how you are or are not covered: 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

narmer2000
New Community Member

Thanks for the fast and friendly reply! I sent PayPal the conversation I kept on Messenger with her along with tracking info etc so they know she got the tickets and attended the event. How she paid for them shouldn't be my concern but looks like it is. I'm pretty confident that nothing more will come of it.

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.