Dispute Closed, Charged a Fee, Full Refund Granted (Any Way to Resolve it?)

jarnold910
New Community Member

I sold an item via Shopify from the United States to Israel. It has been delayed in shipping and is still in transit. During this time, the buyer opened a dispute, and despite providing tracking information, they got a full refund and I got stuck with a dispute fee.

I tried to appeal the case, providing tracking details, the fact that I had PayPal Seller Protection, refund policy (which does not apply to delayed items), as well as a receipt of shipping the order promptly to the correct address. 

My case was denied and I am left with the fee, loss of shipping cost, and loss of products while the buyer will get all their money back and the products in a couple weeks. Is there any way to dispute and get it held until the carrier updates again? It seems ridiculous that I can do everything possible as a seller and they just immediately site with the buyer. I am considering not using PayPal again after this. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jarnold910 

You would need to claim from any insurance you took out with the shipping carrier you used when you sent the item.

Buyers don't usually open disputes for at least a week and then once escalated paypal give at least another 10 days before they make a decision, often more for international sales. So that gives normally at least 3 weeks before a decision is made and even with a delay items should arrive in that time span.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.