any advise? buyer opened case with reason "wrong amount"

pulsensqueez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

one buyer bought an item directly from ebay and after he received the item, he opened a case with reason "wrong amount". Now today I got email from PayPal says that the amount of money has been debited from my account. this is the first time I experienced with this kind of issue. This is ridiculous. if it is allowed, everyone who shops online and buy something could also claim half amount of money back?? PayPal told me they cannot recover the payment. Any advise?

thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello pulsensqueez ,

You can communicate directly with your buyer through a message board in the dispute case. Here's how to respond to a dispute:

1. Go to Resolution Centre.
  2. Under 'Actions' next to your case, click View.
  3. Respond to the buyer and enter any relevant information (such as tracking information), and then click Send.

You have 20 days from the date a dispute is opened to communicate with your buyer. If you and your buyer aren’t able to resolve the problem, either of you can ask us to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim. If the dispute is not escalated within 20 days, it’ll be automatically closed.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-respond-to-a-paypal-dispute-opened-by-my-buyer-...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.