Zettle refunds and Zettle vs Here

craftmerchant
New Community Member

For some reason I don’t understand (except that they haven’t got around to fixing it), Payments through Zettle go into a separate account where funds are later transferred to your PayPal business account. This is especially problematic if you have to process a refund.  You can’t refund from the PayPal account (and fees have already been deducted), and there’s no longer any money in the Zettle account to refund, either. It appears the only option is to keep money in the Zettle account, but even that is marginally useful as you have to keep a fixed dollar amount, rather than, for example, some number of transactions. This means you have to tie up an arbitrary amount of money in Zettle, until it is manually transferred to PayPal, and then still have to manually transfer from PayPal to your bank account.

Am I missing something?  All I wanted was a new card reader to handle contactless payment, but I couldn't get that with Here (Here is going away?) and had to transition to Zettle.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.