How To Remove Payment Limitations From My Paypal

hrbvive
New Community Member

Hi, I am planning to create an online platform selling courses. As I am from the Philippines I would like to know how I can make paypal my payment processor and receive payments without limitations. I heard beyond $10k account may get suspended.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hrbvive 

If beyond 10k gets you suspended, how would companies continue using PayPal. 

If you run your business within PayPal user agreement in its entirety with low liability/risk for PayPal, keep good records and filling in all the account information properly, you wouldn't be limited in general unless there is a specific concern PayPal has about your account. And your business is slow, steady, gradual growth, not overnight flood of money coming in like crazy.

Also accept that doing online business comes with risk. You may run into unsuccessful transactions from time to time. I tell others to focus on the next sale and successfully sell more than you lose.

Please read the seller protection program terms to see how you are or not protected and self-insure; keep a percentage from each sale to go into self-insurance fund to cover the occasional dispute. 

If you sell your service to the intl market, then the buyer protection program terms based on your buyer's location also applies to you.  Visit this page and select country of buyer to access the user agreement to find the buyer protection program terms:

https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full?locale.x=en_AL

There's two kinds of disputes. PayPay and Bank Reversal/Credit Chargeback dispute. PayPal ones are cheaper and take lesser time. Bank Reversal/Credit Card chargeback take longer and the bank or credit card makes the decision.

Keep in mind that seller protection program has its limitations so that's what I suggest self-insure.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.