Can buyer revoke payment

Jimk45
Contributor
Contributor
I am selling a phone via Facebook, the buyer seems to have a good presence on FB and wants to pay for the phone via PayPal and for me to send the phone to a colleague of theirs. I would send it on an insured signed for service after receiving PP payment. My question is can the buyer the revoke the payment for any reason after they have received the goods? Thanks Jim
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimk45 

In order to be protected under Seller Protection, you have ship to the shipping address on the PayPal payment. Postal insurance will only cover in transit loss/damages. If tracking info shows "delivered", they probably won't cover it unless the parcel itself shows damage.

The buyer can file Item Not Received or Significantly Not As Described.

For Item Not Received/Unauthorized Transaction, you'll need to provide proof of delivery to shipping address on the PayPal payment details. Do not take heed of shipping address changes by email to maintain your protection coverage.

Sellers are not protected from Significantly Not As Described upon receipt of goods unless the reason for the buyers claim is deemed buyer's remorse or warranty related.

Please read the buyer/seller protection terms:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimk45 

You would have 0 paypal seller protection if you do NOT send to the paypal registered address of the buyer at the time of payment, so if you send to a friend you would not be covered.

Sounds a bit suspicious to me so read up on paypals seller protection so you can risk assess your transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jimk45
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the info, after further investigation I have found ‘the buyer’ has had their account hacked, so it’s just as well I was cautious.
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimk45 

In order to be protected under Seller Protection, you have ship to the shipping address on the PayPal payment. Postal insurance will only cover in transit loss/damages. If tracking info shows "delivered", they probably won't cover it unless the parcel itself shows damage.

The buyer can file Item Not Received or Significantly Not As Described.

For Item Not Received/Unauthorized Transaction, you'll need to provide proof of delivery to shipping address on the PayPal payment details. Do not take heed of shipping address changes by email to maintain your protection coverage.

Sellers are not protected from Significantly Not As Described upon receipt of goods unless the reason for the buyers claim is deemed buyer's remorse or warranty related.

Please read the buyer/seller protection terms:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.