Fraudulent buyer

Hajra656
Contributor
Contributor
I recently sold something to a buyer overseas, and they told me the payment was pending and pay pal confirmed it. Now after I have posted it the buyer has not replied back to me and the payment has not gone through. Someone please help me ASAP as the item was quite expensive. I did not think I could be deceived via PayPal as everyone says it’s the safest way.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hajra656 

If you do not see payment in your account to corroborate what the buyer is saying about paying being sent, you have not been paid. PayPal does not ask you to ship before seeing/receiving a record of payment in your account. Even if the payment is subject to a PayPal hold, you will still see a record of payment if the buyer really paid, in your pending balance. So, the buyer was able to trick you with fake PayPal emails or just simply emailing you that payment was sent and pending and you just took their word for it and shipped.

Intercepting and recalling the parcel asap through the courier would be your next step, if at all possible. Since there is no payment transaction, then there is no money for PayPal to forward to you. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hajra656 

If you do not see payment in your account to corroborate what the buyer is saying about paying being sent, you have not been paid. PayPal does not ask you to ship before seeing/receiving a record of payment in your account. Even if the payment is subject to a PayPal hold, you will still see a record of payment if the buyer really paid, in your pending balance. So, the buyer was able to trick you with fake PayPal emails or just simply emailing you that payment was sent and pending and you just took their word for it and shipped.

Intercepting and recalling the parcel asap through the courier would be your next step, if at all possible. Since there is no payment transaction, then there is no money for PayPal to forward to you. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.