verification code goes to my old number not my new one?

dayvid1
Contributor
Contributor

i have added a new card to my profile and i have to confirm a code via a text on my phone but it only gives me the option of my old phone number not my new one even though my new number is only on my profile how can i change how the verification code goes to my new number?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Mujahid7
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @dayvid1 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. It's unfortunate to hear that you can't update your card to your account because you don't have your phone number. In this situation, I recommend you update your number first and update your card. Here’s how you update your phone number.

If you are still facing any issue, I suggest you contact our phone support for further assistance as this needs verbal confirmation. You can find the number to reach us by going to https://www.paypal.com, scrolling to the bottom of the page, selecting Contact, then clicking Call us.

Please note that charges may apply depending on the terms and coverage offered by your phone provider. In the future, make sure that you have the updated phone number in the PayPal account. I appreciate your patience; your inquiry will be addressed soon.

Goodluck!
- Mujahid

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Mujahid7
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @dayvid1 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. It's unfortunate to hear that you can't update your card to your account because you don't have your phone number. In this situation, I recommend you update your number first and update your card. Here’s how you update your phone number.

If you are still facing any issue, I suggest you contact our phone support for further assistance as this needs verbal confirmation. You can find the number to reach us by going to https://www.paypal.com, scrolling to the bottom of the page, selecting Contact, then clicking Call us.

Please note that charges may apply depending on the terms and coverage offered by your phone provider. In the future, make sure that you have the updated phone number in the PayPal account. I appreciate your patience; your inquiry will be addressed soon.

Goodluck!
- Mujahid

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.