Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,979 REPLIES 4,979

xoxunaxox
New Community Member
Hi i cant verify its me when logging in as i dont have the mobile number to send text verification too.
Login to Me Too

Hasanq
Contributor
Contributor
My wife's mobile number stopped and then the number was given to another person. She cannot confirm the account via SMS. Are there other solutions?
Login to Me Too

Laura1131
New Community Member
I can’t log in, when I try they sent me to code to my old number, I don’t use it anymore. How I can log in without that number?
Login to Me Too

Moonsanch
New Community Member
My husband is having hard time logging in because the mobile number that was registered is already gone. Can someone help.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220920d
New Community Member
Hello, I am solewhat desperate. I have been trying to connect to my paypal account for a week now, and I keep getting stopped around the safery phone code. It refuses to send me any sms ! Any help is welcome.
Login to Me Too

Jeffrey82

Hello dear [Removed] team/community I have an account with PayPal and I am having problems with my account because I have a new mobile number and I can no longer access my account because I am no longer using my old number. My old number is [Removed] and my number is [Removed] I would appreciate if you could help me correct my account with my information, thank you. Jeffrey

Login to Me Too

metaldog
New Community Member

i don't have a cell phone and can not access my account, which is wanting to verify with a cell phone. how to work around that?

Login to Me Too

skant1989
New Community Member
I don't have a cell phone and can not access my account, which is wanting to verify with a cell phone. how to work around that?
Login to Me Too

viadejesus026
New Community Member
Updating linked phone number issue. I am no longer have access on my old phone number that was linked on my paypal account as my primary number but I have full access on my email address connected to it. I want to change the linked phone number, how can I do this ? The paypal is asking me to put OTP that was sent from my old phone number to change it. Is there any other way to do this. ?
Login to Me Too

rares662
Contributor
Contributor

I cant login because of the verification. I have access to codes via email but not phone number because its nolonger my phone number. What shoul I do? Please help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.