Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,981 REPLIES 4,981

Connat
New Community Member
I’ve changed my number and phone and PayPal won’t let me log in without sending a text to my old number which has been disconnected
Login to Me Too

sida
Contributor
Contributor

Cant sign in cause I have changed a phone number, the old one I have no more. I can change a pass, but I can not log in because it is showing only my old number to confirm, or via text message or call. Please help.

Login to Me Too

Andydenniss
Contributor
Contributor
Trying to login but not getting text messsge
Login to Me Too

Blades18891
New Community Member

So basically I have lost my phone, now have a new phone and new number when I go to log in my account because it’s a new device it’s sending me a code to my old number which I don’t have access too! There is no option to use a different number or change it! Any ideas

Login to Me Too

Tass21
New Community Member
As i login paypal ask about mobile verification . But i dont have that number so how can i change number . No other option showing there
Login to Me Too

rvanuden
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

I am a long time user of PayPal and lived in. several countries where everytime i had another cellphone number.

Now I will be based in my country of origin but the cellphone numbers listed in PatPal are the old ones and not usable.

Logic, I can not login, not via web, not via Iphone app.

Tried changing passwords a few times but result is the same, the system wants to verify me through a phonenumber.

Also tried to contact PayPal support by phone but no luck.

So, any hints on what todo next?

I have to pay some invoices with PayPal so it is quite urgent.

Thank you for the 1mio$$ tip 😉

Roger

Login to Me Too

rvanuden
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to change the phonenumber:

This is ,not official but it worked for me, let's call it a workaround 😉

Goto the developers page: https://developer.paypal.com/classic-home/ and click login on the top-right. Here i could login without the need two-step verification.

Once logged in, scroll all the way down and look in the column "Family" for the PayPal link, it should be https://paypal.com/and because you are logged into the developers account, you are auto logged into your personal account too.

Then FIRST goto profile and change your cellphonenumber.

Worked for me so i hope for you too.

Roger

Login to Me Too

ositis
Contributor
Contributor

This method does not work for me.

What browser did you use? For me it redirects to the regular Paypal login and asks to confirm phone number.

I m stuck 😞

Login to Me Too

rvanuden
Contributor
Contributor

Google Chrome

But maybe i was already developer is the past because I used sole PayPal API's in the past

Thus, I do not know if you have to be developer

Login to Me Too

elizabeth968
New Community Member

top right of developers page has no login link

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.