Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,998 REPLIES 4,998

Brian_M
New Community Member

Hi,

I've just reactivated my account and the PSD2 regs require to send me a code to enter on my phone. Only problem is it was a landline and I don't have this anymore, as per modern times, we only have mobile phones.

Question: How do I change my defunct landline number to my mobile number?

At the moment I can't get passed the PSD2 stage of verification - any help would be much appreciated

(Why make things this difficult??!!)

Thanks

Login to Me Too

NeilMillar
New Community Member
I can’t access my account as I’ve changed my phone number. I keep getting an authentication page which tells me it will send a code to my old number. I have tried changing my password. This didn’t work. I have tried to message PayPal but I can’t log in and I’ve tried phoning them but keep getting a automated voice. Can someone please help?
Login to Me Too

Marcinwsl
New Community Member
Hello, I cant login to my account. I cant use my old mobile number to verification. Could you help me with that?
Login to Me Too

Mlimmer1
Contributor
Contributor
I have been having this issue for some time and no one has tried to help me. I found a contact number last night, tried to find it again today and it is No where to been seen !!
Login to Me Too

Temp20210214j
New Community Member
Cant log in to change old phone number, need my account up and running again.
Login to Me Too

ColorfulClown
Contributor
Contributor
A friend of mine has a problem in logging in. The number for the authentication is no longer valid. She tried to communicate with PayPal directly,but all the solutions they provided her,was sending a message. But in order to send a message, PayPal asks her to to login,not giving her an option to send a message while she is logged out. And it's been weeks that she is going through circles,plus the amount of money that she can't use. What can she do? Is there anyone to talk to directly?
Login to Me Too

Mirko89
Please need me help with me old number,can not verifying me account,no us me old number have now,so need me help with this
Login to Me Too

sfashing
New Community Member
I wasn't using PayPal for ages. So I had forgotten the password, I just recovered my password through recovery process but when I try to log in with newly changed password it asked me for mobile verification code. I have no access to that mobile number too. Now is there anyway to change mobile number at this stage?
Login to Me Too

AlexVN1992
Contributor
Contributor

All of a sudden they are asking for a confirmation through an old phone number that I don't use anymore and don't have access to. I can't seem to change the number, as I can't log in, and seems like there's no other way to confirm the log in. What should I do?

Login to Me Too

DanelH
Contributor
Contributor
Hei, if I want to log in to verity myself i need to use my phone, but I got new phone with new number and I cant get log in, email and password is correct but problem is with phone number which is old.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.