Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,981 REPLIES 4,981

psydex
New Community Member

One I enter my creditentials it asks me to enter a 2FA code sent to a number I no longer own. This is the only available option.Screenshot_1.png

What do I do?

Login to Me Too

Zbiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contributor
Contributor
I have a new phone number and can't access my PayPal account without the old one that i don't have any longer
Login to Me Too

kebob

romania
New Community Member

ive changed my phone and i forgot to backup my authenticator app, now i cant access my account.

how hard can it be to get in touch with support and reset 2FA ... very hard, its like they dont want to get in touch with you

if you want to contact support you have to be logged in

if you want to writ something o the community forum ... guess what ... you have to be logged in

so ... to be able to contact them ive created a nother account ... and guess what  .. i still cant contact them ....

Login to Me Too

bennetts1234
New Community Member
Anyone know how to change my phone number? I need authentication but my old phone number is attached to my account
Login to Me Too

Cliff1968
New Community Member

Chaps, I havent logged into PP for a while and have to authenticate my login with my phone number which has now changed.

I cant get through to any kind of help on PP.

How can I either log in or close the account when I cant update my phone details?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Gary_AJ
New Community Member

havent logged into paypal for a while and now wants me to authenticate my account but its giving me my old phone no. to do this...how can i change this as i cant log in.

Login to Me Too

alissakayxx
New Community Member
I am really in distress currently because i accidentally gave my Dad my old Paypal instead of the new one. The money really means a lot and i would feel so bad asking him for more. I'm trying to log into my old paypal account but i just can't access the number i've tried everything help
Login to Me Too

Ilyananish
New Community Member
I can’t log into my account because the number that is linked to my account has been changed. What can I do?
Login to Me Too

Ryancassar2000
New Community Member
I have tried accessing my PayPal through the app and I've been hit with the 2 way authentication that has been linked to a phone number which is in my old phone which was also robbed from me after I was mugged. Is there any way I can regain access? I've tried everything and still have had no luck.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.