Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KenzGX 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KenzGX
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, my number can't reach them.

Login to Me Too

Phyoe0001
New Community Member

Dear PayPal ..

I have a login problem with another account. The phone number of the account I used is broken. I am currently forgetting my account password and am having trouble sending a message to the old phone number for recovery. I can login to the e-mail. Pleased help as needed.

Login to Me Too

MurphysLawProd
New Community Member

I have found out that there are different versions of PayPal just as there are different versions of Facebook and Messenger. For example, There is the Web Page on a laptop or computer, then there is the desktop which is on your phone's google Chrome settings where you can switch your viewing from mobile to desktop version, there is the mobile version, and the app on your phone or tablet. Each version of the account allows you to do things that you aren't able to do on the other version. I don't know how exactly but I was able to log in to my account on my laptop without having to go through the security issues i would have to go through on my phone or tablet. I don't know if this helps you or not but it's better than having to wait for PayPal to get in touch with you. They will just give you the run around and block any attempts you try. They won't ever just give you a simple solution to your problem. 

Login to Me Too

Peny_Gian
Contributor
Contributor

i'm trying to log in, but i dont receive the verification call PSD2. Can somebody help me? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Peny_Gian 

Do you have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in just your name verified on your Paypal account?
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Peny_Gian
Contributor
Contributor
The selected phone is landed and not a mobile one 😔 i cant change it..
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Peny_Gian 

Once you get access your best bet is to add a mobile phone and verify it.

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Peny_Gian
Contributor
Contributor

thank you very much for your help! ill make a call on Monday and i hope its gonna be ok. Thanks again!! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Peny_Gian
Contributor
Contributor

Phone doesn't work anymore.. so i think than a have to make a new account and lost everything.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.