Lost 2FA Authenticator

venaraa
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning,

I am currently locked out of my main account because I got a new phone on Tuesday and factory reset the old one a little too quickly. I had to create this secondary account because there are no support options available to me on the "Help & Contact" pages and the only option that is offered at all, this community, requires being able to login too 🤔

I've tried to Google the issue and every result seems to suggest I need to call PayPal via phone. However, as per announcement on the support pages, all phone lines are currently closed due to COVID-19.

So how do I resolve this problem? I am fully locked out of my account and need someone to remove 2FA to be able to login again. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

vajsed
Contributor
Contributor

I've just checked and the option to message is not there. Not sure why, maybe they've changed it and want you to call them now.

Login to Me Too

asking42much
Contributor
Contributor

I dont see a message us button on that page!!

Can you help?

Login to Me Too

Mrsctinanelms
I can’t even message anyone because I can’t log in due to my phone number being changed from that on my PayPal account therefor I can’t receive the code text. Calling customer service has been a complete waste of time. I’ve been dealing with this since July and finally had to create a secondary account.
Login to Me Too

vajsed
Contributor
Contributor

You don't need the code at all. Just follow the procedure as described (choose Message us and chat without logging in).
In my case I had to use the US version of the PayPal web, because the option to send a message to PayPal support without logging in was not available on the local version of the web page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.