In an email from PP titled "We noticed a new device login" who or what is "middlesbrough mdb uk"?

michor20
Contributor
Contributor

Following completion of a £100 donation to Fauna &Flora I received an email from PayPal titled "We noticed a new device login". I have only ever used the same device throughout my use of PayPal, namely, my laptop 'Edge Windows 10'. The email from PayPal refers to this and it appears to be a remembered device but the next line reads "middlesbrough mdb uk". Who or what is this? Thinking it might be the payee's identity I asked Fauna & Flora if it was them or their bank but they said their bank is in Cambridge. Have I been hacked or scammed? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@michor20 

According to this thread, the middlesbrough mdb uk represents the location of server used transaction authentication/approval process somewhere between PayPal and your personal bank/building society. Your ISP maybe giving this as your nearest location of your device so check with your ISP.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

michor20
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Sharpie. Reassuring.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.