Allocating type of payment

alext933
Contributor
Contributor

HI All, We use our account for both business and private. Is there anyway to tag a purchase as either business or private when buying? At the end of year we have to work out which is which for the accountant and it takes ages. Even someway to attach a note to purchase could really help. Anyone know of a solution? TiA 🙂 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

alext933
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thank you for the reply. However, I don't think I've explained myself well. Its not a matter of downloading information. But when I purchase an item, I'd like to be able to allocate it to either business or personal. Or add some kind of note to the purchase.

Is this possible?

Thanks

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @alext933 ,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I understand that you would like to download the transaction history for personal payments and goods payments separately. Please review this link which has information on how you can obtain this information. Under Activity log you can find an option to select the Filters to download the transaction history. Also, you have an option to send invoices to customers who has PayPal account and can then pay you, usually these payments would be goods/service payments and they will get an option to leave a note. 

I hope this information helps!

- Ali

Login to Me Too
Solved

alext933
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thank you for the reply. However, I don't think I've explained myself well. Its not a matter of downloading information. But when I purchase an item, I'd like to be able to allocate it to either business or personal. Or add some kind of note to the purchase.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

alext933
Contributor
Contributor

Please could someone reply to my question? Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.