pending payment

jackgr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Account type: Business

Transaction direction: I buy service (not selling) so pay out

Under Activity / All Transactions, my pay out is shown Pending until 14 Jul 2023. I made the payment at 8 Jul 2023. It's CoLo payment and account is not topped up yet in CoLo. It says withdraw from bank account is uncleared. In details, Funding Source: eCheque

This business PP account is new. But direct debit is set as well. I have sufficient balance in PayPal and in the bank. A credit card is linked also.

I was using personal PP. I also still use. When I compare same merchant with personal PP and business PP; with personal it's instant pay out as usual from balance. Later on it's deducted from bank.

But with new PP business, it sets the payment in a future date if I set to use the bank (with direct debit). I was not keeping balance in PP and using direct debits to pay outs. Why this new account can not do that?

Regards,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @jackgr 

I totally understand your concern here! To provide one of the safest online payment services, PayPal internal security system reviews every transaction before it's approved. If the system deems risk, it may temporarily block the activity, limit the payment options or sent the payment as an eCheck. This is the security measure to avoid possible risk associated with the transaction. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_JonK

Hello @jackgr

Welcome! Thanks for joining the PayPal Community Forum. It sounds like a recent transaction has been sent by eCheck instead of with your PayPal balance, is that right? If so, I can certainly understand how concerning that must be. Normally, you can choose what funding source you'd prefer as you finalize your transaction or checkout through PayPal. If you only see the option for eCheck, I would recommend making sure your bank and debit or credit card are both confirmed. If you do not see the balance, but you have enough balance in your PayPal account, I would recommend making sure the payment you're sending and the balance you're debiting from are in the same currency

If you're still unable to send an instant payment after that, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. 

Good luck on this and future transactions through PayPal, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

jackgr
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

>I would recommend making sure your bank and debit or credit card are both confirmed.

They are already confirmed.

When I was doing the payments, I had three options: PayPal positive balance, bank, credit credit card.

In my personal PP, I used to use bank option for years. It was paid instantly, then direct debit gets the amount within a couple of days.

Same merchants. When I check with personal PP, it's instant. When I check with new business PP, it schedules with bank. If you pay, in details, you see eCheck.

I already got in touch with Support. I think account is new but I wonder how long will this continue? I do not prefer to use balance or card as a long term habit.

Cheers,

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @jackgr 

I totally understand your concern here! To provide one of the safest online payment services, PayPal internal security system reviews every transaction before it's approved. If the system deems risk, it may temporarily block the activity, limit the payment options or sent the payment as an eCheck. This is the security measure to avoid possible risk associated with the transaction. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

comgoddess
Contributor
Contributor

I paid a contractor for services and he didn't receive the payment for a month even though PayPal took the money from my account immediately.  I'm having the same issue again, trying to pay another contractor so he can purchase the materials necessary to begin my home improvement project and PayPal isn't releasing the funds to him even though my account has been debited almost $9,000.  Meanwhile, his hands are tied and my project is on hold.  I suspect PayPal holds your funds so they can earn interest even though it's causing huge problems for us.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.