Paypal is quite literally broken - I can't do ANYTHING

Noydb
Contributor
Contributor

Dear community,

I hope someone from Paypal reads this aswell because I'm at a breaking point. Let me start from the beginning:

I connected my bank account to my paypal account for a SINGLE transaction of 10 euros from paypal to my bank (hey, what's the worst that could happen?). Now I want to remove it again but it keeps giving me the follow error for OVER A MONTH now:

Bank Error

"Sorry you can't remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. please try again later".

Alright. Fine. I'll contact Paypal support via e-mail to see what they can do. I write an entire message much like this one in terms of size and what do I get? An automated FAQ reply. Great. Might aswell have typed: "Lol it doesn't work fix it pl0x" in the message box. REPLY IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FROM PAYPAL. Okay. I'll do that.

Sent a second e-mail in reply to the former, and nothing. Not. A. Peep. Didn't get anything. Though I did send my reply in Dutch (seeing as the robot reply was in Dutch I figured that shouldn't be a problem.) Maybe Paypal's employees don't read Dutch? So I'll just reply again in English. Still nothing for days. Wonderful.

FINE! I'VE HAD IT! I'LL CLOSE MY ACCOUNT! That will teach them and save my monies!

Close my account you Heathens!

Before you close your account. Sorry, there's a problem. Please try again later.

Wat. Why? How could you **bleep** this up? I just want to go *poof*! Gone! Away! 

Well, what other options do we have? Oh there's a message center on Paypal.com maybe I can find the messages I've sent earlier? 

Message Center

Your messages cannot be displayed at this time.

ALRIGHTY THEN. Oh hey I got an e-mail from Paypal! That's great!

E-mail from Paypal

You must be joking. I'm done.

I want my entire PayPal account closed. The entire thing is shaking and trembling at the supports. I can't contact anyone from Paypal and NOTHING works. I want it closed. Gone. I never ever want to deal with Paypal ever again. 

Paypal. Close. My. Account.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Noydb
Contributor
Contributor

So after some digging I found out that there's another way to close one's account via the Support Center.

This account cannot be closed until the funds transfer from your bank account is completed.

Your account cannot be closed at this time.

THERE ARE NO TRANSFERS ONGOING. None. I have also cancelled ALL payment profiles. Paypal's Service email doesn't reply to e-mails and the topic "Close my account" only has a link without ANY way to send further messages to paypal. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Noydb,

Welcome to our Community.

This certainly sounds frustrating and I'd like to help.

In my experience, in these situations, a pending order that hasn't been voided or hasn't expired for whatever reason may be to blame. 

However, to research this further, we would really need you to contact us through one of our other social media channels, like Facebook or Twitter. That way, we can pull up your details to take a closer look.

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

Would you consider giving this a try for me?

Conor

Login to Me Too

MGkasios
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

how can I contact paypal when I don't have facebook or twitter and I can't call you over the phone?

Login to Me Too

beerad11
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal_Conor

Maybe you could also help me as I've reached the end of my teather here.

Last week I received an email from PayPal stating that I am reaching my transaction limit for the year. I followed the steps once I had logged in, uploaded all necessary documentation then proceeded to the next step which reads " Verify your account using your bank account or credit card". I click on NEXT & all it does is take me to my wallet, that's it, nothing else. No option of verifying anything.

I have emailed PayPal numerous times since last week with no reply whatsoever. But I did get an email asking me about my experience with customer support. Pretty funny when it's non-existent. I have also noticed that when going on my Message Centre that it says "Your messages cannot be displayed at this time." Been like this since last week too.

I even went as far as sending a private Facebook message yesterday to PayPal - SURPRISE, no reply. Hasn't even been read yet.

So PayPal_Conor, if you could help me in any way possible, it would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying my very best to keep calm & patiently awaiting a reply from SOMEBODY OUT THERE.

Thanking you in advance!

Brad H

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Beerad11,

Thanks for posting in the forum and apologies for the delay. Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing to resolve the limitation. If you were requested to provide information to lift the limits on your account and there are not features affected, the review can take up to 30 days. However, you should still be able to use your PayPal account as normal in the meantime

I understand the confusion that this has caused.. If all the documents were submitted and your PayPal account is verified, you don't to provide additional information. The relevant team will review and update you by email once the review is completed.  If you sent us a message via Facebook, we will follow up there as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

beerad11
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal_Jessica

Thank you for the message.

All is understood, so I will just wait until all documents have been reviewed.

Regarding Facebook messages, I've sent 3 with no reply whatsoever.

Thanks again,

Brad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

You are welcome 🙂

Sorry to hear that you haven't received a response via Facebook yet. We have received a high volume of contacts but we are currently working to respond as soon as possible. 

Hope you have a great week!

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Hi everyone, I've been trying to close my account every now and then for roughly 3 years now, and still haven't succeeded. It was opened in 2010 while I was living in Italy and I moved out 2013, so I wasn't able to access it for a long time because you don't allow to change the country and therefore the mobile number. Now that I regained access to it, I keep getting an error that says "Sorry, there's a problem. Please try again later." It's been going on for a while and nothing changes. I still have 0,41 EUR on my account that I can't transfer anywhere cause it's a very small amount. I tried doing it through the help center also and get another error: "The account cannot be closed because the withdrawal amount is lesser than the original credit fee amount", which also doesn't make any sense in English. Please, help me close my account.

Best, Sasha

Login to Me Too

timodes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a problem I cant see a 4 digit code it says "Your messages cannot be displayed at this time." I send message to the paypal support and even after 24 hours havent received answer the same on Twitter.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.