paypal limited my account, and asking that i pay off someone else's balance

Araddenbury
Contributor
Contributor

hello i need some help. last month somebody chargebacked against me and i was put into a negative balance, since then i have sold something to make my balance intop the positives. then once i done that i tried to withdraw the leftover as soon as i withdrew paypal limited my account and asked me for identification to proove i am who i say i am. bare in mind ive already got a verified account and shown id previously to lift my limits. so i uploaded id and some buisness information they were asking then they un-limited my account. then i went to withdraw the left overs again and they limited my account again asking for additional information. but i notice at the bottom it said resove other account issues, i have no other account and so i rang them up and they said to me because someone with the same last name as me or someone who lives at my address may have a negative balance that i am unable to withdraw funds? are they allowed to this even though "the other accounts that need to be resolved are not mine" please help

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Araddenbury
Contributor
Contributor

*update now they are saying because i added a secondary bank account that was in the name of someone with a negative balance. and i cannot remove the bank account because my account is limited.

Login to Me Too

Araddenbury
Contributor
Contributor

*update after speaking to the customer service they have told me i am not liable for a relative but i have to pay it off before i can gain access to my paypal balance. surely this is illegal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.