Unwanted link to Facebook Messenger

ELKL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I emailed Paypal a few months ago complaining about my paypal account having been linked to my facebook account with messages being sent to confirm purchases. This was done without my consent and was particularly concerning as the two accounts are linked to different email addresses so there is no reason why they should have connected so I also asked for this to be explained. Even more concerning given the recent controversy surrounding FB data protection. I received a standard holding email from Paypal saying that it had been referred to their technical team and someone would be in touch. But since then, nothing. 

The accounts are still linked and I found reference to a solution within the community which directs you to your notifications preferences. However, on my notifications page there isn't a messenger option. 

I'm really very annoyed about this, particularly given that 2 accounts are set up using different details and I don't see how they could have linked with some privacy infringements, and am very close to closing both of the accounts. 

Would be interested in hearing any solutions.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.