Some Options to the ridiculous 21 day hold.

cs32cj23
Contributor
Contributor

I, like hundred's even thousands of others am past my limit with this ridiculous policy. I started a topic months ago "IM not going to ship items until the hold is released". Well since then horror stories have poured in, I get at least 20 responses a day on it, Papal acting like the SS Storm Troopers of the virtual void and freezing accounts as a result of speaking up, complaining about this policy. Well it appears paypal has no intention at all of changing this policy. Why should they? The greedy big-wigs sit back and collect millions in interest every single DAY on our money that they hold until a lazy or inconsiderate buyer decides to leave positive feedback. Or 21 days, whichever comes first. If you notice though, Papal takes their fees out right away.

I went with First Data Merchant Services to accept credit cards, They give you a free online shopping cart, a terminal to process credit cards, and a few other really cool perks. They charge 2.19% + .25 cents per transaction. It is sent directly to your account. THEN you send the item. Like the rest of the normal world. You want something, you pay for it, it gets sent to you. For f**ks sake, it is such BS. And I have had it. There is a class action lawsuit being filed against Paypal, they are violating the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Since they aren't a bank, they don't have to follow any of the regulations that financial institutions have to follow if they are holding your money.

I truly hope that some day Papal comes to their senses, its not fair and not right. WE have the power in numbers as consumers, but we have to act and unite to bring them to their knees. They obviously are not concerned with customer satisfaction. I for one will not use Pay pal as soon as I can make the transition. Not for selling. Let me know what you think!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

John05851
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal toldme that if you go to the transaction on PayPal and go to order details, you can enter your tracking number and they will releaase the hold 3 days after it is delivered. This is quicker than 21 days and hopefully the buyers will leave feedback before then. About half of my buyers do not, as they are casual buyers and I don't blame them because I don't think they are aware that we don't get paid until they leave feedback. I'm not sure how the hold works, but if the money doesnt come out of their account until the hold is released, and they are aware of this, maybe they use it as a way to bid on things they cant pay for yet without violating ebay policies. It is a dumb policy and makes me mad, but in the long run not accepting PayPal may lose us orders, so I guess its better just to wait. I noticed if you leave some money in your PayPal account they don't seem to put as many holds on, so if you have auctions ending soon maybe you should wait until everyone pays until you move the money. Also, if you sign up for click-n-ship the tracking is free, so if you use priority mail you should get your held payments within a week.

Login to Me Too

Louisajr7676
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal release my money before the 21 days and seem not to be holding any $$ at all now.

Login to Me Too

LazerTurkey
Contributor
Contributor

I'd given up on eBay because of the 21 day hold PayPal had put on all my payments a few months ago. Yesterday I finally closed my eBay Storefront. I simply cannot afford to sell items I'm not getting paid for. I don't have the money I'd need to invest into shipping costs upfront.

So as I was saying, I closed the store yesterday afternoon. This morning I wake up to find an email from PayPal telling me that they are lifting the 21 day hold on my payment because of my good preformance. I haven't sold a single thing since they put that hold on, NOTHING has changed on my account (haven't even received any additional feedback!) since the added the hold. So tell me, what's the real reason they wont be holding my money anymore? Could it be because I'm no longer a store I don't look like a cash cow anymore???

Login to Me Too

dlcool10
Contributor
Contributor

I also received a email from PayPal this morning stating my funds had been released because of my good performance.............then why was it held in the first place..............hmmm??  However after looking at my account the funds are STILL in pending.

Login to Me Too

phantombeef
New Community Member

I wish I saw this ages ago! I just started selling on ebay and really need the money. I realize it's on a hold and I get this note "The money for this payment is being temporarily held in your pending balance. It will be held for up to 11 days. While it's being held, it won't be available for withdrawal." So I figured 11 days isn't too bad but only to find out that on the transaction is shows the money isn't released until Feb 4 which will make it 21 days!!!

Bottom line is....where the party at and sign me up!!!

Login to Me Too

michigan_daizy
Contributor
Contributor

What PayPal is doing is flat out illegal and they are getting sued for it as well. You can join in the law suit

http://www.letssuepaypal.com/phpBB2/login.php

Login to Me Too

invictafied
Contributor
Contributor

It's a freakin gastapo. If you think about it and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, does it make any sense that the resolution center is in paypal, but ebay makes all the decisions. I just recently sold an Invicta watch that retailed for 1995.00 which we all will agree is blown way out of context, but it usually lists for 495.00. I auctioned it with no reserve and it only sold for 190.00. o.k. take the lose. But no, the guy leaves good feedback, wears it, now it used, breaks it and I end up having to give him a refund because when listing, I accidentally clicked on alarm as a feature for which he emailed me and said and I quote, no big deal, didn't need an alarm anyway. They froze everything, my items listed quit getting bids, my paypal account is drained, and they are attacking my bank account. I can no longer view my current ebay fees, I figure that is next to hit my bank without any warning, I filed a complaint with the BBB, ecommerce division and figured let them deal with it. I get the item back and the knucklehead obviously tried to disconnect the band, but hey he got his refund, I got a now used watch which is now broken, he's smiling and I'm ready to commit a violent act. I'm done with Ebay, sick and tired of making the Saudi Arabian rich while people with absolutely no business sense make the decisions. I'm now on upillar.com and doing well. Dealing one on one with buyers and sellers over the phone instead of using the slowest email service I have ever seen, with no fees, pick my own pay sources, no freakin feedback, which half the time you got to beg for. Ebay and Paypal are going down and I'll join the fight to make things right in America for gods sake. Go upillar.com and keep it American people. FREEdom will prevail.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.