money being held for 21 days we cant have our money yet paypal can take there fees on a hold

keleedo
New Community Member

i have never had a problem with any of my sales i have 100% feedback , yet paypal will not let me have my money for 21 days ?am i missing the point here this is money that is ours , some of the money covers the cost for postage !!!!! yet we cant get ours but yet paypal can take there fees straight away ?sorry but if there is a hold then paypal should have to wait for there fees aswell .quite frankly i think this is stupid and wrong i normaly give people the choice for recorded delivery as to keep post costs down , its ok for buyers to rip us sellers off but when it comes to us we are just targeted maybe paypal should look at individual accounts and not just judge us cos of the small minority of scammers , they have our bank and card details , address and numbers is this not proof enough we are not going to rip people off , its very easy for a buyer to say that they have not received an item as they chose not to do recorded its there word against yours and yet they win and your out of pocket so now paypal have held our money and if the buyer wants to say something is wrong etc you are out of pocket etc im sorry to rant but i dont sell on here to rip people off i sell stuff as to good to throw away and sell on and with the money i buy from other sellers stuff that i want in return now thats all gone to corrupt and 2 sales ive just done which have been bigger than i have ever sold even though i started it at 99p has been held it feels like you are giving people credit now and let them decide after they receive goods if they want the item or not its all wrong and i may turn to selling on amazon and other sites again

Login to Me Too
112 REPLIES 112

mick1981

so i get it clear i maid the payment on the 2/9/13 today is 9/9/13 thats 7 days

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

5-7 business days, we have had a weekend.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

he11cat81

that's just a lie, I added tracking information to show my parcel had been delivered when I realised this ridiculous con trick to steal my money was going on (yes holding money to earn interest, is my lost interest, you've stolen that money from me). didn't affect when my money was released, certainly didn't happen 24 hours later, same with positive feedback. Makes no difference, what you're doing holding onto other people's money for no good reason, and it's illegal. by not releasing funds within 24 hours after positive feedback or item delivery confirmation, you're also not holding up to your terms and conditions. It is shameful, and has never been addressed as I'm sure you're quite happy for your profit making scam to be swept under the carpet. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

LOL nothing to do with me hun, i don't work for paypal, i am just an ebay seller that helps out on here.

Also feedback no longer counts for payment release > read the link.

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds

EVERY single seller on ebay has been through this process myself including, its for buyer protection and weeds out poor sellers.

That is why i did not mind as if it gives buyers more confidence to use ebay thats better for the rest of us good sellers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

zeezee22
New Community Member

"new eBay sellers" What garbage!
I have been selling on eBay with this present account for around five years with 100% +ive f/b.
This is the very first time I have ever had money held.
Why?
I have four-letter words.
I will investigate alternative finds transfer services.

Login to Me Too

Alliah_Williams
Contributor
Contributor
I have done all these things and I am still waiting for my money! Tracking information, marked as sent and 100% positive feed back! You name it I've done it! Don't you understand?!? I have bills to pay and my children's mouths to feed! We're real people not Internet robots! I am disgusted and if I don't receive my money soon I will be taking my business else where!
Login to Me Too

Angel1976
I have had positive feedback for the items sold and that was over a week ago and I still have not had my money released. I am out of pocket and do not feel like selling on ebay if this is how buyers are treated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Feedback does not count for payment release. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Alliah_Williams
Contributor
Contributor
Well it shows I have made a positive sale with my buyer and I am not some fraud! Most of the people complaining didn't just have positive feedback! They also added tracking information and marked it as sent and I also had my buyer sign for the package to show it had been sent to them! You should stand buy your policy of 3-7 days.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I don't have any policies. 

I am an eBay seller that helps out here  hence the word volunteer. 

And I agree if you have met the criteria for release of funds then yes PAYPAL should release them promptly as stated in their policy. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.