money being held for 21 days we cant have our money yet paypal can take there fees on a hold

keleedo
New Community Member

i have never had a problem with any of my sales i have 100% feedback , yet paypal will not let me have my money for 21 days ?am i missing the point here this is money that is ours , some of the money covers the cost for postage !!!!! yet we cant get ours but yet paypal can take there fees straight away ?sorry but if there is a hold then paypal should have to wait for there fees aswell .quite frankly i think this is stupid and wrong i normaly give people the choice for recorded delivery as to keep post costs down , its ok for buyers to rip us sellers off but when it comes to us we are just targeted maybe paypal should look at individual accounts and not just judge us cos of the small minority of scammers , they have our bank and card details , address and numbers is this not proof enough we are not going to rip people off , its very easy for a buyer to say that they have not received an item as they chose not to do recorded its there word against yours and yet they win and your out of pocket so now paypal have held our money and if the buyer wants to say something is wrong etc you are out of pocket etc im sorry to rant but i dont sell on here to rip people off i sell stuff as to good to throw away and sell on and with the money i buy from other sellers stuff that i want in return now thats all gone to corrupt and 2 sales ive just done which have been bigger than i have ever sold even though i started it at 99p has been held it feels like you are giving people credit now and let them decide after they receive goods if they want the item or not its all wrong and i may turn to selling on amazon and other sites again

Login to Me Too
112 REPLIES 112

feeling_upset
Contributor
Contributor

AdrianO PayPal said that the money would be available after 24hrs of positive feed back.  This did not happen for me.  I did a local pick up so I couldn't print tracking or show the item shipped until person came and got item.  I had positive feedback the night of pickup and still pay pal held my money the 21 days!  Don't Lie AdrianO PayPal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are quoting a post from adriano from back in 2011 !!!!!!!!!!

He was not lying, it was released after feedback IN 2011, so best get your facts correct first before calling someone a liar. 

Rules have changed since then and feedback does not have any bearing on funds being released, this is because buyers can leave feedback for the wrong seller by mistake.

Also why would you accept paypal for an item that was being collected?? Its the only time ebay allow you to state you won't accept paypal and its cash on collection only.

There is no seller protection for items that are collected so thats why they allow you to say cash only. The advantages are no paypal fees and cash instantly the buyer collects.

If you are posting items you still rarely have to wait 21 days as per the link below which was UPDATED in 2013.

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

feeling_upset
Contributor
Contributor

It is absolutely none of your business as to why I took PayPal for my item.  How dare you question me on that!  ITS A FREE COUNTRY!  It is certainly isn't your place to question me on that either!  So its best if you get your facts straight and only comment about things that pertain to you.  Are you saying that people with large bulky items that are too expensive to ship shouldn't use PayPal????  That is what you told me.  PAYPAL would lose a lot of revenue if no one did this.  Also, why is it an even an option to use PAYPAL if this wasn't proper for not shipped items?  Think about it, you are making no sense and again it isn't ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS if someone wants to use paypal for a non shipped item!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as quoting an old post from 2011, look at how many other people have done the same.  A WHOLE LOT PEOPLE ARE NOT HAPPY THAT PAY PAL DOES NOT RELEASE FUNDS SOONER, so again get YOUR FACTS Straight.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

So giving you advice to get your money quicker and to make sure you have seller protection is not my business is it??

OK thats great won't bother responding to your posts in the future you rude person.

Are you saying that people with large bulky items that are too expensive to ship shouldn't use PayPal???? 

Absolutely and paypal WILL TELL YOU THE SAME THING and its why they TELL YOU that there is no seller protection for items that are collected AND EBAY TELL YOU that you can refuse paypal and use cash on collection for items that are collected.

My facts are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, not my fault you are daft enough to accept paypal for an item that was collected, when you could have had cash in hand 21 days ago.  Smiley Wink

By all means carry on accepting paypal for non shipped items but don't come back here whinging here when you get ripped off with a chargeback because you are too stupid to accept advice.

Yes others have posted on the same thread but they didn't all call someone a liar for advice you "presumed" was correct because you couldn't be bothered to find out first.

Guess an apology to the paypal moderator you called a liar is not in order either is it ??  

Bye and don't hurry back. You can carry on ranting to yourself.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

feeling_upset
Contributor
Contributor

You call me rude when YOU call ME studpid?  Flame on flamer.  I never called you a name, you started that nonsense.  You should be banned for being so rude!  I am making a complaint against you.  Does Pay Pal know you are recomending people not use their service?  They will soon.

And the FACT stands, I recieved positive feedback and did not receive my money with in the timeframe specified by the posted info.  That would make the info false and if something is false then it is a lie.  If the rules have changed since the orignial post then that is not my fault.  I post no lies, only experience.  You posted personal opinion, not fact.  Again, I will report this as well.  I hardly believe you are the type of person PayPal wants representing them!  I am recommending they ban you even if you do apologize for calling me a name.  Your behavior in the customer relations department are extremely lacking and your social skills are appalling! 

Please stop offering advice if you are so easily offended when someone states a simple truth about a post.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Very Happy

Yes i called you stupid after you were rude to me.

I only posted to advise you that it was best NOT to use paypal for a collect item and my post was perfectly reasonable.

YOU however rant and raved over this advice AND called a mod a liar.

Report away you SILLY person, I DO NOT WORK FOR PAYPAL and they are very grateful for all the help I give.

Of course paypal know that i give advice not to accept paypal for collect items THEY DO THAT THEMSELVES.

Also I don't speak for paypal anymore than you do, my views are my views as an ebay seller myself. I post WHEN, IF AND WHENEVER I WANT TO.

I have posted similar advice re collect items and the other person has said "gosh didn't know that , cheers, will put cash on collection next time" but YOU ARE SOMETHING ELSE.

The info re feedback IS OUT OF DATE so it is incorrect, but instead of "asking" you call a moderator a liar........what a nasty person you are. 

Oh and don't tell me when i can post, i will do so whenever i want to and when you help JUST ONE PERSON from being scammed you JUST MAY have the right to do so........till then shut up.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

feeling_upset
Contributor
Contributor

LOL, Now you say shut up me!  You are a unique individual, you are!  Might I ask your age, because I am thinking you are maybe a minor?  Maybe older but then that would mean there could be some social impairment with you or maybe not, I am not a doctor so I can't say for sure.  

I too will post when and if the mood fancies me.  Why would you state that I shouldn't post and should shut up if you demand that no one tell you to do the same.  That seems hypocritical to me, just saying.  But anyway keep trying lord over people on this forum with your ADVANCED knowledge.  i hope you see the error of your ways and stop being so nasty.  You have repeatedly say vile things to me and I have not responded in kind, so who is more rude in this situation?  Anytime you would like to post an apology please feel free too.  Oh wait, you probably take that sentence as me telling you what to do. Smiley Tongue

I wish all the best and may you have a wonderful life full blessings.Heart

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Very Happy

Feel free to apologise to me when i gave you good advice to save you being ripped off and getting your money earlier.

Feel free to apologise to the mod who you accused of being a liar before knowing the FACTS.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

feeling_upset
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't ask for your advice.  You jumped in on a conversation between and another mod and me (as you have pointed out several times).  My conversation did not  involve you at all. 

I stated that the information presented was a lie and left a tag of liar.  The tag may have been not so nice but it isn't inacurate as the information as of today is not correct.   

You and I have had a conversation where you have been verbaly abusive to me and I have not done the same back to you. 

Who should apologize again?  I must be missing something because you keep bringing up the original post I made to someone else and not commenting on your own behavior and admitting that you made mistakes in your word choices.  

BTW, in a previous post you said I told you not to post anymore.  This is wrong, I said "please stop...".  THat is a request (and a polite one at that!) not a demand.   I know I speak American English and you Speak  Brittish English but I am pretty sure we both know the difference between the two despite the language barrier.

I still hope that you have a nice day despite of your treatment towards me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I didn't ask for your advice.  You jumped in on a conversation between and another mod and me (as you have pointed out several times).  My conversation did not  involve you at all. 

how can you jump into a conversation 3 years apart, and apart from that when you post on a PUBLIC BOARD anyone can respond.

I stated that the information presented was a lie and left a tag of liar.  The tag may have been not so nice but it isn't inacurate as the information as of today is not correct.   

The information is correct, you just didn't realise that the info was updated in June 2014 and chose to call that person a liar instead.

You and I have had a conversation where you have been verbaly abusive to me and I have not done the same back to you. 

my first post to you was perfectly polite as i asked why you accepted paypal for a collect item and gave you advice on why that was not needed AND stated it was not nice of you to call a mod a liar just because YOUR info was not up to date rather than asking first. YOU were the one that started the "how dare you " posts.

most people that i respond to asking why they accepted paypal for a collect item respond FAR MORE politely, in fact they say thanks for the info and will know for the future.

You seem to take offence at the fact that i asked you why you accepted paypal for a collect item, i then stated to you  why it was best not to and how to get your funds more quickly............you for some weird reason took offence to that and demanding it was none of my business.............really? when i thought i had helped you???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.