money being held for 21 days we cant have our money yet paypal can take there fees on a hold

keleedo
New Community Member

i have never had a problem with any of my sales i have 100% feedback , yet paypal will not let me have my money for 21 days ?am i missing the point here this is money that is ours , some of the money covers the cost for postage !!!!! yet we cant get ours but yet paypal can take there fees straight away ?sorry but if there is a hold then paypal should have to wait for there fees aswell .quite frankly i think this is stupid and wrong i normaly give people the choice for recorded delivery as to keep post costs down , its ok for buyers to rip us sellers off but when it comes to us we are just targeted maybe paypal should look at individual accounts and not just judge us cos of the small minority of scammers , they have our bank and card details , address and numbers is this not proof enough we are not going to rip people off , its very easy for a buyer to say that they have not received an item as they chose not to do recorded its there word against yours and yet they win and your out of pocket so now paypal have held our money and if the buyer wants to say something is wrong etc you are out of pocket etc im sorry to rant but i dont sell on here to rip people off i sell stuff as to good to throw away and sell on and with the money i buy from other sellers stuff that i want in return now thats all gone to corrupt and 2 sales ive just done which have been bigger than i have ever sold even though i started it at 99p has been held it feels like you are giving people credit now and let them decide after they receive goods if they want the item or not its all wrong and i may turn to selling on amazon and other sites again

Login to Me Too
112 REPLIES 112

Trainingman
Contributor
Contributor

Can I ask a question, I have just joined paypal, and have it on my website for card payments for training courses. I wont have a tracking number, feedback, as its not a ebay connected situation. so how long will i wait ??..BEEN 5 DAYS NOW, paypal dont realize they are contributing to starts ups failing due to cash flows...

Login to Me Too

kay2013luke
New Community Member
So how come ive had all good feed back an its been 21 days an my money still not cleared
Login to Me Too

Smileynosejob
Contributor
Contributor
Your a liar I have sent a item and the buyer is happy and gave good feedback yet I'm still waiting..... This company is p7ssing its new customers off smart move.... Paypal is a joke I will never use or accept it again if you post back an average % don't bother I have read many many many complaints... I wonder what fat rich scumbag came up with this cr*p...... Karma I hope
Login to Me Too

sophs123
New Community Member
Paypal has been holding my money for 21 days. Today is the 21st day and it is STILL telling me it is holding it. Why ? I need the money... it is getting ridiculous now!
Login to Me Too

SeikoMan
New Community Member

To which I say "Baloney"!  I have a friend who set up and maintaine his EBay account in '95, and then opened one of the first PayPal accounts when it became available. He bought and sold items up to $4,000 on a consistant basis wilh over 1000 transactions at 100%

Then he started to sell his coin collection in 2009.  He sent all the coins Registered US Mail insured for full value, and he gave buyers the option of using PP or USPS MOs.  Again, 100% satisfaction.  But then PayPal noticed that he was "selling too much", cancelled his account and informed him that the $6,000 he had left in his PP account to use to buy OTHER coins would be held hostage for six months.

Apart from everything else, the very fact that he did not take the money and run with it bears credence to the fact that PayPal overreacted.   Long story short, PayPal is horrendous.

Login to Me Too

whippnbirk

This has just happened to me and I am not a new seller. I've been selling on ebay for 8 years with 100% positive feedback so why is my money being held back as "pending" by Paypal and why did they send me an email saying I had been paid when in fact no money had gone into my account. This email fooled me into posting off the item.

Login to Me Too

mick1981

Hi well im a buyer the seller emailed me saying they never had the item i bid on so refunded me so why have you put my money on hold you took it from my account on the 5/9/13 and you still got it on hold

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK firstly this is a help board and not paypal customer services so "we" have done nothing.

But heres some info for you from a previous moderator post.

When you sent your payment, the money is not instantly transferred from your bank account to the recipient’s PayPal account. Instead we instantly credit the recipient's PayPal account on your behalf and simultaneously request the same amount from your bank account to reimburse ourselves.

It takes 5-7 business days for the money to arrive from your bank to PayPal (same timeframe and method as an eCheque in fact). If your Instant Bank Transfer is refunded, this refund cannot be completed until we receive the money from your bank to cover the original payment we made. A ‘Temporary Hold’ is ‘Placed’ on your refund while your bank processes your initial transfer request. When we receive the money from your bank, it will be credited to your PayPal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mick1981

ok as i said paypal had the money on the 5/9/13 an they still have it on hold

i maid the payment on the 2/9/13 it was refunded on the 3/9/13 it went out my account on the 5/9/13

its now the 9/9/13 so paypal have held my money for 4 days for no reson

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No they have not had your money that long, re read my post above again and you may understand.

As i said it takes 5-7 days for the payment to process from your bank account through to paypal.

So its now day 4.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.