Need clarity about charges for a premier account*

Ariel360
New Community Member

My understanding is that if I want to put a donate button on my spiritual website and actually be able to retrieve the donations for my church, I have to create a "Premier Account" or a "Business Account."

What I need to understand is how much of  a fee is Paypal going to take out of a 15 dollar donation?

Here is what the directions under fees say :

1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD† and when it comes to debit cards it  is 3.9% + 0.30USD+

Please help me understand this?  Would this mean that Paypal would take 63 cents of the Church donation if it was made by credit card through the Paypal donation button?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Ariel360,

I'll assume you're in the US for the calculations below, and are receiving payments via a Donations button.

The standard receiving fee in the US is 2.9% plus thirty cents.  If your donator/purchaser is outside of the US, add an additional 1%. 

Doing a quick calculation *makes entertaining computer noises*, that should be about 64 cents.

If your donator was outside the US, this would increase to *makes more entertaining computer noises* 89 cents.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.