Wrong email?

raceanoncr
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email from PayPal yesterday (10/13/2010) that stated my package was being sent.  In checking the email, it was addressed to me but the package (and I have all info: name, add, city, tracking, trans, item #s) was being sent to someone across the country, unknown to me.

I checked my eBay account: no charges or transactions.  Checked my PayPal account: no charges or transactions.

What's up?  Am I gonna be charged later? 

Thanks.

Race

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

raceanoncr
Contributor
Contributor

Guess no one can answer this, huh?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_WarrenG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

raceanoncr,

I am glad I got an opportunity to answer this for you. 

Within the PayPal system, if a payment is being made on your behalf, the PayPal account will reflect the payment being made immediately.  if the payment does not reflect in the PayPal account, then the payment will not show up at a later date and time.

If you received an email advising you of a purchase you did not make, please forward this email to spoof@paypal.com to allow us to determine if the email is a legitimate PayPal email or a fake.

We appreciate you taking the time to participate in the PayPal Community Forums!  See you around!  Smiley Very Happy

PayPal_WarrenG

Login to Me Too

raceanoncr
Contributor
Contributor

WarrenG

Thank you for your response.  Will take advised action now.

Race

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.