When will I receive a refund

Tweets
Contributor
Contributor

I sent an item back to China and uploaded the tracking info to Paypal, as requested. Paypal had already said that I would receive a refund once tracking showed it had been delivered (see bottom of message).

The item is now showing by Royal Mail as being delivered on 2nd Jan, yet the status has remained the same and I have still not received a refund. When would I expect to receive a refund?

I have emailed customer services - generic reply

I have called customer services - robotic response, no live person on the other end of the phone.

I have no way of letting them know it has been delivered, but I know for sure, the seller will not let them know. The delivery was previously attempted 10 times.

We've shared this tracking information with the seller and asked them to let us know when they've received the item back. 

If they don't confirm receipt of the item, we'll evaluate your tracking information. Once we've confirmed , we'll issue a refund.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tweets

Not sure why they have to make it so difficult to communicate with them.

Because it saves them the bother of dealing with your problem.    Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tweets

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tweets
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the advice, I will call them tomorrow, as it is closed now. 

When I called earlier, they asked me to repeat the reference number and then select an option or say something. I will try ignoring the "robot" or say the word "agent" to see if I get through to a real person. Not sure why they have to make it so difficult to communicate with them.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tweets

Not sure why they have to make it so difficult to communicate with them.

Because it saves them the bother of dealing with your problem.    Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.