10-day response enquiry

Scotty0709
Contributor
Contributor

Firstly was wondering does PayPal respond to email enquiries about disputes? I emailed enquiring information about an open dispute but I got the reply: "Thanks for contacting us about your dispute. As a valued customer we want to help you make the most of your PayPal account. We prefer that you don't need to wait for an answer, so we’ve replied with this automatic message."

That followed by general information on how the dispute process works. The email doesn't indicate if I will also receive another email more specific to my enquiry or if the automatic response is the only one which gets sent?

Anyway my enquiry was about the 10-day response limit when a dispute is in the 'Awaiting other party's response' stage. The case history contains the following:

3 Aug 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to seller

27 Jul 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to seller

27 Jul 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer

From what I understand the seller hasn't responded to the email sent to him on 27th July (at least nothing indicates he has). Does that mean that the 10 days are up today or does the seller have 10 days to respond to the email sent to him on 3rd August?

Has PayPal sent him a reminder or something? Also what generally happens once the 10 day limit is reached? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Scotty,

I can understand any confusion caused by this. The 10 days would run from the date the first email was sent to the seller, which would mean July 27th in this case.

If you haven't received an email update from us within 24 hours, I'd recommend contacting Customer Support directly so your case can be manually reviewed. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) or Twitter (@AskPayPal) for assistance.

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Sophie

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Scotty,

I can understand any confusion caused by this. The 10 days would run from the date the first email was sent to the seller, which would mean July 27th in this case.

If you haven't received an email update from us within 24 hours, I'd recommend contacting Customer Support directly so your case can be manually reviewed. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPalUK) or Twitter (@AskPayPal) for assistance.

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Scotty0709
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks.
Login to Me Too

PinkDiamond169
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, When you receive that email off PayPal, You usually have to reply to that email with what you sent in the first place to ger a reply off of a human 

Hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too

mickyp1
New Community Member

i recieved an message the same as this after a dispute was escalated to a claim i posted jewellery to a person in madrid and they said  that they recieved the package but there was a small rip in it and that they thought the postman had stolen the items inside then paypal gave them a refund from my account  without even asking me a single question  seems all one sided to me dont think i,ll be selling anything to anyone else outside the uk again it has scam written all over it  ....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.