Scam

Freezy

I send a request for 600dollards  told me its on hold so I waited until i got messages from  trackings instruction mail com they said i had to send 200 dollards because it was in the borders and stuff so dump me did  i dont care for that what i care abou this i send my ipad and the phone i was selling for 600 dollards but never got my money her email is chrisoula. ucas hotmail com  chrisoula lucas is her name. her number is 978 719 5585 can you guys unfreeze the money she owes me  i even have the tracking number to the package and the weight and item in it

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Freezy

i got that... what can i do now, u guys been letting this happend for 5 years

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Firstly i am not paypal, this is a user to user help forum.

Secondly what do you expect paypal to do about it? The transaction was not done using any of paypal site.

You responded to a spoof email pretending to be from paypal sent by a scammer somewhere in Africa so what on earth can paypal do about it.

They tell you to NEVER send anything until the funds show in your paypal balance..........you did.

Sorry but you never received payment and sent the ipad anyway, nothing paypal can do for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

thunder666
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass can you please take a look at my topic?

I badly need some help, asap. THANKS

Login to Me Too

voltage
New Community Member

Guys I am sorry for the ones hat got scammed
Just want to say thank you for sharing your experience as I was targeted by the same

"********************"

this morning and thanks to this thread I was able to spot it on time

Thank you once again

*Post edited to comply with forum guidelines*

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@voltage

Hi just to say can you edit your post and remove the email address, scammers use hijacked email addresses for as long as they can until the genuine account holder can recover them so you could be putting an innocents persons email addy on a public board, also its against board rules.

Cheers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.