World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

quietgirl
Contributor
Contributor

Forward the notification and invoice to spoof@paypal.com so that they do investigate.  You can pull the name of the person invoicing you from the Summary tab of your account.

Login to Me Too

TeSoad90
Contributor
Contributor

I also got this sent to me

Login to Me Too

C-Ann
Contributor
Contributor

I got two $20. Invoices in the middle of the night, (aprox 3:30 and 6:30 am), or early morning today. I tried call Pay Pal and they are not accepting calls. So frustrating! I too, canceled them. They show up in the activity as canceled now.

Login to Me Too

ChrisCooling
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is for $50. I am wondering how C-ann canceled them...I see no way to do this. 

Login to Me Too

C-Ann
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to recall how I canceled them..... In my Pay Pal account there were two invoices from the "WHO" toward the top and below in my Activity they were also there without a minus mark before the $20. I somehow clicked on these invoices one at a time, (either on top, or below in the activity) and I had options to click on Pay or Cancel and I clicked on Cancel. Now there are no invoices above my "Activity" and within my "activity" they still show up, but now state "canceled". I didn't get any emails from the "WHO" regarding this, and would never have clicked on anything with-in an email like that. I hope that works for you, as some are saying they don't have those options or they don't work. Maybe Pay Pal with delete these. I've been with Pay Pal for many years and this has never happened before.

Login to Me Too

shannonthecanon
New Community Member

I received the email tonight (August 10th 8 PM Central time), I didnt click on it as the image looked too blurry to be for a legitimate company or organization. I'm guessing if you click on any of the links in the email, it will take you through a link that implies consent to accepting the charges. I didnt click on any links and instead went directly to my PayPal account to view any pending charges-- no charges!

Hope everyone stays safe from all these scammers! 

Login to Me Too

Christiesuzanne
Contributor
Contributor
I just received one as well but for $50! It won’t allow me to cancel the invoice or dispute it. I’ll have to wait and call PayPal tomorrow. Uhggg!!!
Login to Me Too

chrismansa

I received an invoice for $50 today.  I am unable to CANCEL and unable to report this to the PayPal Resolution Center.  PayPal displays a message that it cannot go to the Resolution Center because of the type of invoice.  IMO this is a SCAM and I doubt it is really the WHO even though they have a website with the WHO logos.  PayPal shouldn't allow mass invoicing to random people.  It is simply wrong!  In the meantime I cannot do anything to this invoice and it will just sit in my account for who knows how long.

Login to Me Too

Christiesuzanne
Contributor
Contributor
It’s definitely not the real WHO. The invoice is sketchy as hell. Change your password!
Login to Me Too

ChrisCooling
Contributor
Contributor

Your password has nothing to do with it. I have 2FA activated and still got this. Its an invoice that either WHO or someone acting as them are sending you. If someone could actually access your account, they would go ahead and pay themselves. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.