VEGARD <removed> - NON ARRIVAL OF GOODS?PAYPAL dispute

CR551
Contributor
Contributor

Is anybody else in dispute with vegard <removed> regarding non arrival of goods ordered end November - early december. 

I have been sent tracking information but this appears to be a lie - no parcel was delivered - apparantly through my letterbox.  I don't have a letterbox

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

CR551
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for a reply.  It is shocking that it is us that feel like fools.  I definitely feel ridiculous after spending ages on the phone sorting out scams for my 79 year old mother - now I am the idiot!

I have not managed to get through to Yodel (this is taking up a lot of my life) but will do as I really want a refund.

I have mentioned in my reply above that I have reported this company to Trading Standards through Citizens Advice Bureau - it would be great if we all do this, more weight.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Terry655
Contributor
Contributor

@CR551. Thanks for the advice; I have also raised through CAB on line.

Login to Me Too

Jillymar
Contributor
Contributor

I bet we all have the same tracking number! That would show PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Jillymar
Contributor
Contributor

Finally, just got through to payPayPal on the free phone number. I explained, they checked the tracking number with various postcodes and immediately agreed it was a scam and refunded my money.
Don’t use the online message system. They were worse then useless. Completely unhelpful saying I needed an official letter from a Yodel to prove it wasn't my parcel, even though I sent screenshots of my conversation with Yodel. 
Phone support 10/10

online messaging 0/10

Login to Me Too

Terry655
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal agreed to refund me a couple of days ago. The tracking number query was not answered by V-N apparently. Out os interest, the tracking number was JJD0002249339482976. If others have the same one then that  would really confirm that it is a scam. I called Yodel and eventually got through to a very helpful lady who confirmed that the tracking number did exist but not to my address. The Yodel website is flawed as I could put any postcode (or random numbers) into the tracking query after the trecking number and it would give the same response - I think the scammers have used this as a loophole.

Login to Me Too

jonohallett
Contributor
Contributor

Had exactly the same issue as described in most posts, no delivery, no communication.  I raised it with Paypal and they received the yodel details from the Vegard <removed>.  I called Paypal spoke to an adviser and asked them to check the tracking number against a postcode of their choosing, they did and confirmed that they had had socks delivered too!  Its worth giving them a call, just keep saying (Speak to an adviser on the automated system). They refunded me straight away.

Login to Me Too

Terry655
Contributor
Contributor

I have just seen an amazingly similar advert on Facebook for Norway Socks. I can't find anything stating their company address and I have reported as a fake page to FB as I have already found people with trust issues for this "company" <Removed>

Login to Me Too

Terry655
Contributor
Contributor

Just as an afternote, I have today (6 March 20) had an email from Vegard <removed> telling me that the socks have been dispatched!  Only 3 months after the order and 2 months after the Christmas they were intended for. They have included an offer to buy more socks at a discount, I suspect the real purpose of the email, and await with interest as to whether anything turns up. No mention of the lack of communication or the provision of a false Yodel delivery code to PayPal (who have refunded me already).

Login to Me Too

Mehefin

I have had the same experience as everyone here but have had no refund, however today, three and a half months after my order, I received the socks! 

Login to Me Too

Terry655
Contributor
Contributor

Strangely, I too received some socks today, 3 1/2 months after they were ordered. I am sending them back unopened to the UK return address on the envelope (<removed>) with a note advising that I was returning them because:

• I wanted them as a Christmas Gift for my wife and not for Mothering Sunday!
  • They have failed to communicate with me other than standard “form emails” throughout the entire time of this order and they failed to meet their own delivery deadline of up to 18 working days by some margin. Their delivery was much too late for my needs (it was a Christmas offer after all).
  • When, in frustration, I contacted PayPal in January 2020 and they followed up with Vegard-<removed>, the company claimed the socks had been delivered and provided false delivery information which, when I checked with Yodel, had nothing to do with my address

I then suggested that they refund PayPal!

I don't know how they will react but am faily sure they don't have a leg to stand on. If there were going to be long delays because of, say, coronovirus in China, then they could have said so - although difficult to admit if you are trying to look like a Norwegian company!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.